S2 E3 : 🛑 ZR 🛑 (Ch. 143)

"There is room for only two people."

"We'll make room." (Y/N) challenged Vasquez, wanting to start an argument with almost anyone.

She wanted to get into a fight. She wanted someone to try her; even if that someone could beat her ass in three seconds. Truly, she just wanted to feel something other than the sadness and despair she was feeling in her heart. 

"Whatever you want, baby girl." Warren refereed the start of an argument, not wanting a fist fight break out after their exchange of words. 

If something were to break out between Vasquez and (Y/N), she knew who's side they'd all be on. She also knew that the group didn't need to be divided, especially right after Mack's death. With nothing more to say to the other, (Y/N) led the two over to the tent in silence.

Addy got in first with her feet barely sticking out. Next was (Y/N), who laid in between them, and finally, 10K. The sharp shooter's feet stuck out a lot more than the girls' did. Vasquez wasn't wrong when he said there wasn't enough room for all three of them.

But they made do. (Y/N) turned her body to face 10K, who was already facing her. He laid on his right side while she laid on her left. 

Quietly, the sleepy teenager wrapped her hand around his left wrist, then reached behind her to intertwine the fingers on her right hand with Addy, who happily accepted to gesture. 

"Goodnight." The (H/C) mumbled, her eyes closing for the final time that night. 

Addy said a small goodnight to both her sleeping partners while 10K fell into a silent thought. He felt tense and concerned about how they were arranged. What if he accidentally put his hand back on top of (Y/N)'s hip?

Would Addy intentionally kick his ass if she were to see that kind of scene? 

"Relax." A sleepy voice whispered for only his ears to listen to.

As if she was a mind reading genie that was making a wish from merely reading him, his body began to instantly settled into the hard ground, making the best of the worst sleeping arrangements. 

Against 10K's left arm, a familiar body cuddled closer to his chest, immediately filling his whole torso with warmth. Not once did he even think about tensing when she got near him.

'Just go to sleep.' The ravenette thought to himself, shifting around before finding a comfortable position within (Y/N)'s reach. 

• • 10K's P.O.V || Dreaming • •

When I closed my eyes, I instantly began to feel myself falling straight down. My clothes were lifted away from my body as air filled the strands of my hair and the space between my bare chest and the fabric of my shirt.

My body began to cool to the point of shivers. For a whole minute I thought that was just going to be my dream for the night: falling down with shivers covering my body. That was until I fell right onto a chair. 

The cool metallic feel of the four-legged seat brought goosebumps up my back and around my neck. I looked down at my black cargo pants to see nothing holding me or the chair up. Physically, this was impossible. 

I finally looked around my surrounding area, seeing nothing but darkness. Did someone turn out the lights?

"Hello?" I called out for anyone familiar and unfamiliar. 

I wasn't bound to the silver arms by anything, which was confusing if I had been kidnapped. Maybe they forgot, or is too cocky to realize I'm a survivor? 

"(Y/N)?" I called out for the last person I had been with.

Is she alright? How did they even knock us out and transfer our unconscious bodies without one of us waking up? I attempted to get up from the chair to try and look around the dim room, but my body was brought down abruptly.

I looked down to double check for bounding ropes, but only saw a matching silver table stretched out in front of me. I lifted one of my eyebrows, confused about when it had appeared. Shrugging it off as a small detail gone missing in the heat of the moment, I looked around the space one more time. 

Absolutely nothing but darkness consumed my body in this room. Where am I? Why hasn't the enemy made a move yet?

"(Y/N)!" I yelled again, hoping she'd be somewhere close to me.

She can't mentally handle being kidnapped right now, especially if her room is like mine. Why can I only see the table and chair? Where the hell is the floor? Maybe she's in a better situation than I am. 

"She's not here." A deep, but familiar, voice spoke up from in front of me. 

I snapped my head over to the speaker, almost jumping out of my chair once I realized who was sitting across from me in his own metal chair. 

"Mack?"

I could literally feel my eyes go wide with realization and shock. Am I dead? Did I die in my sleep? Light was now bright as can be once Mack gave me a small smile. We were seated in a white padded room with a white psych ward door behind him. 

His body wasn't covered with bites. There was no bullet hole from Addy's shot. He was human, completely--I think. When (Y/N) had passed out, Addy began to tell us how Mack died and all the gory details. 

She needed to tell someone about it; she needed it off of her chest. 

"How?" I asked simply. 

Addy and (Y/N) both watched him die. 

"I have limited time with all of you right now. I just need you to promise me something. Just one thing."

Mack and I had never gotten close when he was alive, but we tolerated each other for the sake of one person we mutually liked: (Y/N).

"What is it?"

What could he possibly want from me?

"Keep her safe."

"That's all I've ever wanted to do for her." I spoke without hesitation.

It was completely true. Day one since meeting these people, and seeing how helpless she was, I knew right then and a couple of other times, she had to be one of the lucky few who saw a zombie-free world again. 

She deserves it just like my pa did. 

Mack smiled at my words, confusing me since he had never done that towards me before, "I know. She's going to give you so many headaches and grey hair, but that kid? She's stronger than what I ever thought. Possibly what ever you thought as well."

"She already misses you." I continued on without thinking about my words.

(Y/N) would kill to see her big brother one more time. 

His smile slowly turned sad, but nodded his head in understanding, "I'm going to miss her too, but she needs you and Addy for now. You promise to keep her safe, right?"

Mack leaned back in the cold chair, crossing his arms over his chest. I wanted to do the same thing, or at least move upwards some but I was stuck like glue. 

"I've been trying my damnest for months now."

Mack chuckled, nodding his head again, "I know. I haven't been making it easy, have I?"

Suddenly, distress filled his features, making my own body fill with concern. What's going on now?

"I-I have to go."

Mack scooted his chair back, standing up on his own. When I tried to do the same, my chair refused to release me. 

"Remember, you promised me."

|| Hold me while we sleep; sooth me from the nightmares ||