S2 E3 : 🛑 ZR 🛑 (Ch. 161)

I climbed to reach the egress, hopping over the side while Doc's favorite pistol went off. And the 'oh, damn!' told me he wasn't aiming right, even though we had just heard the body of something slam against the same car that was holding the rest of Sam's people. 

When my fingers had grabbed the side of the shield to help myself up, another hand from above wrapped around my wrist. Not so carefully, he helped shove myself into the small cage. I landed on my hands and knees behind 10K, while he focused back onto the main priority. 

I stood back up in time to watch Doc shoot the shoulder of the white suit beast. Between the rush of wind and the bullet's impact, the Blaster lost it's balance and fell onto the back side of the car, which ultimately made him fall off of the trailer's side.

Did Doc actually get him?

"Where did he go?!" I shouted, knowing for a complete fact that Doc didn't get anywhere near it's control center.

"I think I got'em!" Doc seemed completely relieved and shocked with his own skills. 

"Alright, nice shooting. Move your ass, come on!" Addy encouraged, motioning him to come closer to us, behind the nest. 

Once they had disappeared from in front of us, more Blasters began to hop onto our bandwagon. Zombies that had turned under Addy's care were already over the mini truck, trying their best to make it to their food. 

"Hey, are we slowing down?" Addy questioned once she noticed the lack of wind flowing through her short hair, "We need to not slow down!"

As the undead began to get closer to the nest, Vasquez got beside 10K and I's position and blew the brains out of one of the female passengers' that had turned. Then, three Blasters jumped from over the mini truck and knocked out the windows of the black car that was in front of the nest. 

Fuck, fuck, fuck. 

"Out!" 10K shouted once he saw that they were going to be heading straight for us once they finished that meal. 

I threw myself over the side of the shield, trusting that 10K was going to stay right behind me. We got to the small section of the trailer that was in between the eagle's nest and the cab of the semi, watching as Blaster's ripped the rest of Edmonton's future members into shreds. 

I watched in the corner of my eye as Warren came from around the side and shouted, "Everybody, hang onto something!"

Warren ran around to the passenger side of the truck, swinging it's door open. I was about to head for her, hoping to help out with Sam, but someone grabbed the back of my button-up shirt to bring me to the front of their chest. 

As soon as our bodies made connection, I could smell the forest pines and the gunpowder. Instantly, I knew it belonged to 10K. Doc came in front of us, holding his left arm out while his knees were bent against the wind. 

His right arm grasped rope that was tied against something sturdy. 10K's right arm was wrapped around my waist tightly, and I trusted that his left hand held onto something strong enough to hold our weights. 

I gripped the back of Doc's shirt with one hand and grabbed 10K's arm for better stabilization. As soon as we busted through the barricade--the only thing I could think of that would be in the middle of our path--, our bodies were slammed back against the nest.

Doc's body was almost shoved against mine if he hadn't had a grip onto the rope that was wounded up around his knuckles. Immediately after the collision, the smell of diesel and smoke blew into our faces from the side.

If the semi's cab wasn't in front of us, I wouldn't be surprised if we caught a little hypercapbia in our blood stream. I could feel the smoke burning down my throat, but as it came, it went away shortly from the speed Warren and Sam had us going. 

The heat was the same with the smoke; as soon as we were out of the danger zone, the warmth was subsiding. From behind us, the black smoke was rising into the sky, giving everyone our location if they wanted to check us out. 

I could see the destroyed path we had went through to break the barricade, and the angry person that watched us. It's going to be awhile before the smoke turns white, that's for sure. 

The explosion wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but damn did the jerk hurt. How we didn't get whiplash is beyond me. Once that obstacle was over with, we went back to shooting the common enemy that was wanting our brains. 

As soon as my body was lifted off of his, 10K was back to seeing what he could do for us. 

"Doc, let me see your gun!" 

Without asking why, Doc handed over the loaded weapon. Carefully, Addy made her way around the side of the structure that 10K and I once claimed as ours. 

"Zeke, I give you mercy."

With a not-so-quiet bang, he, whoever he was to our girl, dropped his head down as soon as the bullet pierced his control system. No more groans for blood was emitted from his throat, and his body no longer twitched to kill. 

Doc made sure Addy came back to us, safely. We jerked once more, but this time, there seemed to be something wrong with the tires; like something was catching onto the thick rubber. After a few minutes of struggle, the truck finally fixed it's self. 

"What do we do?!" I shouted over the loud cries of the wind, not knowing how we were suppose to kill all these things off. 

We sure as hell don't have enough bullets. 

"We wait for Warren!" Vasquez demanded, not wanting to make a move without her and risk punishment or losing her. 

I guess I can respect that. Something brown and small caught my eyes, and when I turned around to jog to the edge, I noticed what, or who, was rolling in the ditch. 

"(Y/N)!" 10K shouted, grabbing the back of my shirt so I wouldn't fall but he noticed the familiar person as well. 

"Hang on, Roberta!" Doc called out from beside me, watching Warren as she rolled. 

|| If we go down, we go down together ||