S2 E4 : 🚬 B47 🚬 (Ch. 175)

He dropped all of his weight to the ground with her while his voice yelled for the arrival of Warren, or anyone from their shared group, to come and help him. 

"Get him off!" (Y/N) shouted, feeling her fingertips slip from Murphy's grasp. 

Her body was in between his legs with her back facing the ground, his heels attempting to be blocks, while their hands were intertwined together. 

She could literally feel her weight beginning to rise in the air like she was a mere feather pen.

"I'm trying!" He promised her, knowing his fingertips were slipping from hers as well. 

His eyes wanted to focus on her worried form, as a way to relax her and make her trust him that she wasn't alone in this. But his eyes had to either stay on the King, or she'd be taken from his grasp completely. 

He just couldn't let go of her. It wouldn't be just Addy beating his ass this time. In the back of his head, he knew he'd be beating himself up over (Y/N)'s death as well, but he'd never admit to it. 

"Incoming!" Vasquez shouted for the two to watch themselves as he stormed the area they were stuck in. 

"Warren!" Murphy shouted next, knowing Vasquez was going to need more help than his automatic and a axe.

"10K!" (Y/N) finally screamed for someone other than Murphy to come pick up the slack that the experiment was slowly dropping. 

As if saying his name was the only way he'd appear for her like a genie, 10K was leading the way for Warren and Addy while Doc was in front of the three. Doc slid on to his knees beside (Y/N)'s feet, that were wrapped up in live vine.

He took out his sharpest blade and began to slice through the thickness of nature. Between her squirming and Murphy's kicking at the King, who was leaning closer, he could name a couple times that he was about to cut either (Y/N)'s bare knee or slice Murphy's shoes. 

"Will you both hold still?!"

"Ask me that when you're being sucked up like a dust bunny!" (Y/N) snapped back, not wanting to deal with Doc's mouth this late in the day. 

While the three worked on the vines, Addy and 10K were pulling what they could backwards--an attempt to lean the King away from her. Multitasking was a part of their daily lives, so while they worked on that, they also figured out a plan to keep the King off of the one person that really pissed him off. 

"I'm trying to save you!" Murphy whined at the King, who still roared with pure anger. 

"Jesus, it does not fuckin' care!" The youngest had enough of Murphy's failing attempts to save something that clearly did not want to be saved. 

When Doc finally sliced through one vine, Murphy felt the cut scrapping down his own leg. The pain was bad enough he actually let go of (Y/N)'s already slipping hands. Before she could freely be dragged to a green Hell, Warren stepped in and grabbed her wrist. 

Sensitivity from the past wounds were urging (Y/N) to stop whatever she's doing, but she knew that would be the reason she died today. 

"Let her go!" 

Just when the three had thought they were stable enough, the King had gotten a good grip on her legs. Before they could blink, the King had yanked her from all of their grasps. Doc was knocked backwards from his seat beside (Y/N), scrapping the back of his elbows.

"Murphy!" (Y/N) cried, feeling worry now bloom from within her stomach. 

As the King began to lean into her face, Vasquez and Warren got on either side of (Y/N). Their blades were pointed towards the King's head like deadly thorns, covering the parts of (Y/N) that stuck out. 

"Keep pulling her!" Warren barked orders, feeling like she was on the verge of losing her daughter. 

"Don't hurt him!" Murphy begged them, noticing the direction that Addy and 10K were looking in. 

"I don't give a damn, do something!" Warren barked.

Addy and 10K grabbed a bundle of vines together in each arm, moving towards the biggest fan that had been placed in the greenhouse. 

"No, no! Don't kill him!" Murphy continuously begged as he began to crawl towards the two, the pain from his leg still effecting him. 

He knew the tremendous pain he was about to feel for the King, and it was going to drain him physically and mentally. 

"10K, keeping going!" Addy encouraged the sniper like Murphy had done for the King as they grabbed another bundle and chucked it inside the fan's blades. 

The two were constantly feeding the fast-going blades the vines from the King, which was slowly dragging him away from the face of (Y/N) and the knives of Warren and Vasquez. 

"Don't!" Murphy screamed as the two threw the last batch of vines into the fan like feed. 

Before Murphy could say more or mentally prepare himself, the King was finally served his true, agonizing death. Screaming in pure agony while (Y/N) was breathing an air of relief, seeing as her death certificate was no longer going to be signed. 

Since they could never have a complete minute of breathing and relaxing, zombies began to swarm the greenhouses like bees at their hives. 10K wasted no more time when it came to dragging the vines off of (Y/N)'s legs. 

Vasquez was there as well, cutting on the ones that had tied knots on her ankles. Once 10K knew he couldn't help her thighs anymore, he scooted up to her face. The palms of his calloused hands were flat on her either side of her head, noticing the blood that had clotted on her forehead. 

He knew for a fact that this didn't happen just now. Though the bleeding had been stopped, crimson liquid was still smeared onto her forehead from the right side of her forehead and down the bridge of her nose, under her eye. 

"What happened?" He asked, "Are you okay?"

He looked down at her body for anymore signs of pain, not liking how she was returned to him. 

"I-I'm okay." She breathed, hooking her hands above his bent elbow. 

Their eyes met and for a moment, they forgot about Murphy's obsession with the King. They forgot that they had absolute chaos buzzing from behind them. 

"You lost your own bet." 10K sighed, not knowing how to handle or treat this situation. 

I mean, she was the one to make such a bet. He wanted to kiss her. He had wanted to kiss her the moment she touched his chin at the gun show that Sketchy and Skeezy had hosted. Right then and there, he knew she'd always make sure he'd stay on task. 

Leaning in, (Y/N) felt herself become completely nervous at the fact this was going to be her first kiss. Naturally, she squeezed her hands tighter around his flesh, letting him know she was just as nervous as he was. 

Before the two could go any further, a hand slammed onto each of their shoulders. 

"Sorry to break this up, but it's time to go." Vasquez shoved 10K more backwards than he had done with (Y/N).

"I'll meet you!" Warren shouted at Doc, who disappeared with Addy for the blond woman they had met earlier in the day, while staying at Murphy's side, "I'll meet you!"

"Can you run?" Vasquez asked as (Y/N) kicked off the rest of the vines from her weak-feeling legs. 

"I-I don't know. They're still asleep." She explained, coming out of her trance with 10K. 

"Here, I'll ca--."

"I'll carry her." 10K snapped, eyes glaring into the man who was becoming a little too friendly with his group. 

"Then, hurry up."

Without wasting anymore seconds or another opening for Vasquez to try and take, 10K scooped the little human into his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck in return, holding her body close to him. 

Warren and Murphy were ahead of the three, both of them turning to look behind them every so often to make sure they were staying close behind them and not separated by the swarm of Zs. Murphy was mainly making sure that (Y/N) was close behind him. 

|| No risk, no story ||