X. grandma pezos

Chapter Status: Edited.

"Tahlia, Tahlia, please wake up!"

I feel someone shaking me and I groan in response, prying open my eyes to see Henry's worried face inches away from mine.

"Henry?" I groggily ask, squinting my eyes to see him through the darkness.

"Thank god you're okay!" he exclaims.

"What happened?" I question.

My mind is still foggy, the memories of last night slowly coming back. Henry helps me sit up and I place my hand on my forehead, a thundering headache hitting me.

"Well, I came back to grab my beanie and I saw you unconscious, at first I thought you were asleep but I tried to wake you up and you wouldn't budge. So, I stayed here to make sure you were okay and that nothing happened to you while you were knocked out" he replies.

The distant sunrise gave me just enough light to see the dark circles under his brown eyes and the tired look on his face.

"Oh my god, you didn't have to," I reply in shock, covering my mouth as I soak in the new information.

"Well, I couldn't just leave you there, what if something happened to you?" he questions.

"I don't know, you could have just called my Mum or something with my phone," I suggest.

"Both our phones are flat, plus the reception is terrible up here, she wouldn't be able to know what I'm saying," he points out.

"Why didn't you just go into town and get someone?" I ask.

"I couldn't just leave you alone, what if something got to you while I was gone? I'd never forgive myself," he replies.

A smile breaks onto my face and I hug him tightly.

"Thank you," I mumble.

No one has ever done anything like this for me before. Henry is the sweetest guy I've ever met, why weren't there guys like him back home?

"Come on, we better get you home," I decide as I pull away.

Henry nods in response and we both struggle to stand up. Henry must be exhausted and I am in agony, I can't feel my arms or legs, my head's aching, it's like a hangover but worse. We both slowly walk back to town, both of us leaning on each other for support every now and then. The town is just beginning to wake up, the sky now a mix of pink, orange and blue, and filled with clouds.

The wind blows my hair as we continue towards Henry's house; it is eerily silent, only the sound of the wind and morning birds can be heard. If this were a movie, I could imagine a tumble weed rolling past us. We eventually reach the doorstep, and as soon as do so, the door flies open to reveal a worried looking Regina. She hugs him in relief, either not acknowledging my existence or not noticing me, but I have a feeling it's the first one.

"Henry, where were you? I was worried sick" she scowls, pulling away and gripping his shoulders like if she let go, he'd disappear again.

I actually sort of admire her; if it were my mother she'd probably yell at me and not care about what I had to say. The very thought makes me sick to my stomach; she's probably at home now planning to murder me. Everyone used to tell me how I was the worst child, the least attractive, the least fit, the least talented, it broke my heart to think that maybe for once those kids were right. Wow, why am I even thinking about that?

"What are you doing here?" Regina asks, not letting Henry answer her previous question.

My head snaps up at her sudden growl and I gulp, not bothering to hide the fear in my eyes.