VII. henry

Chapter Status: Edited

[three days later.]

It is silent; the only sound you can hear is my heavy breathing and the sticks snapping beneath my feet. The trees and leaves scuffling occasionally when the wind brushes past, I had heard a few people talking about a cliff that you can see the whole town from. It's just inside the town line and apparently, the view is gorgeous at sunrise.

It is currently 4:52 AM and I can't sleep, I did leave a note for Mum and Dad when I left just in case I'm not home when they awaken. Of course, they are going to furious when they find out, but did they really expect me to stay home when something beautiful is only a 35-minute walk away?

When I finally reach the cliff, I am breathless, so I fish my drink bottle out of my hiking bag and gulp about half the bottle down. I push past a few bushes and immediately see the town's lights, a smile spreading across my face. I walk over to the edge and sit down, my legs swinging freely as I watch the sun begin to slowly rise on the horizon.

It truly is a beautiful sight, the dark sky turning into an orange, pink colour before slowly turning blue after. The stars instantly disappearing, yet the moon is slowly fading away and won't leave for a couple of hours. I hear a few bushes rustling behind me and I turn my body to the side, ready to fight off an attacker. Since I didn't expect to see anyone, I didn't wear a jacket, instead settling for a black shirt and black jeggings and bringing my favourite black Sidemen jumper in my bag.

When I spot Henry walking out of the bushes, holding that book again, I sigh in relief and lower my guard.

"Oh, I didn't expect to see anyone up here," he says sheepishly.

He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly with his free hand.

"It's fine," I smile.

I pat the free spot next to me lightly, he smiles in response, scraping his feet against the dirt floor as he makes his way towards me. He does the same as me, sitting on the very edge and letting his legs swing slightly as he watches the sunrise.

"Do you come up here often?" I ask.

I keep my eyes focused on the sunrise whilst trying to make conversation.

"Sometimes, mostly to get away from drama, it never stops here," he chuckles lightly.

"I could imagine," I laugh slightly.

"So, I guess you know about the fairy tales and magic?" he assumes.

I look at him, our eyes instantly locking.

"Yeah, my Mum and Dad are from the Enchanted Forest," I reply.

"Cool, who were they there?" Henry questions, sounding genuinely interested.

"Princess Georgina and some guy named Jack, said they weren't important," I shrug.

"Huh, sounds familiar, anyway, how are you liking Storybrooke?" he questions, turning his upper body to face me.

"It's nice, most of the people seem lovely," I smile, deciding to be mostly honest.

In the back of my mind, I know I can't be 100% honest with anyone, knowing that I can't really trust anyone here.

"I'm sorry about my Mum, by the way, she can be.... rude sometimes" he apologises, sounding quite unsure with his words.

"Your Mum? I thought Emma was your Mum" I say in confusion.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I try to piece the puzzle together, maybe his Mums are lesbians?

"Well, Emma is my birth Mum and Regina adopted me" he explains.