XV. learning magic

Chapter Status: Edited. 

"Something's wrong with him and he won't tell me!" I exclaim before groaning as I fall onto my bed.

"Well, he sounds like he's trying to tell you something without actually saying it, maybe you should go talk to him," Anna suggests.

"I don't know, he's probably going to tell me a lie," I sigh in slight defeat.

"Obviously whatever's going on is important to him," she states.

"I know... maybe something's wrong with him, do you think he could be sick... or what if his Mum's sick?" I ask in a rushed and panicked tone.

"Calm down Usain Bolt," she laughs.

"Well, I better get going, Mum promised she'd give me some magic lessons today and I don't want to be late," I say.

"Okay, have fun, talk later," Anna says cheerily.

We discussed this before, the quicker I get my magic under control, the quicker she can come and visit. I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to leaving the town, will I be okay without my magic? Will I even be able to use my magic? What happens if I can't get it under control outside of town?

"Talk soon," I reply without really thinking.

I hang up the phone and sigh before placing it on charge. I still haven't been notified when I can use my magic again, but I contacted Dr Whale and he said it's okay if it's for learning purposes. After my lessons, I have an appointment with Dr Hopper and then one with Dr Whale just to check on how I'm going and if I've fully recovered.

I jog downstairs wearing my black BMTH shirt, black jeggings, black and red flannel (that's not done up) and black vans. What can I say? Black's my favourite colour (and yes, I know it's a shade but still). I tie my hair in a loose side ponytail and leave a few pieces of hair hanging in front of my face. I grab an apple and bite into it as I exit through the back door and spot Mum standing against the white fence, waiting for me.

"Okay, you ready to begin your lessons?" Mum asks as she spots me, standing up properly.

I nod and chuck my apple into the garden, I've only had two bites and that's all I've eaten today, so I am definitely hungry.

"Okay, first things first, make a shield around us so nothing can get ruined," Mum instructs.

"I haven't learnt that yet," I state with hesitancy.

"Just think about anything that makes you angry and concentrate," she instructs.

I nod and slightly part my feet, pointing my hands at the ground on either side of me. What makes me angry? Myself. My stupid self for being ignorant and rude my whole life, letting my thoughts attack me and put me down. Those stupid kids that use to pick on me, Kaitlyn, vegetables, Kaitlyn, Caleb when he's being a brat, Kaitlyn.

"Well done."

I open my eyes and see everything around us is slightly blurry, a clear blue 'force field' around us. I smile to myself, I guess those kids did something right for once.

"Now, extend it so we have a bigger space," Mum instructs.

I nod my head and close my eyes involuntarily; Henry was the first thing to come to mind. Why? His secret. I know we've only been friends for just over week but this damn secrecy is worrying me and that pisses me off. I open my eyes and notice I had pretty much extended so we had most of the backyard, but not the pool. I smile to myself, a proud, yet cocky, smile; you would be like this too if you had done it on your first try.