LVI. the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe

Chapter Status: Edited. 

She sits by herself on top of a rock; silence consuming her as the water in front of her, slowly rises. She pays no attention to it, her eyes closed, thoughts settled on absolutely nothing.

"Does Pan know you're out here?" a voice asks.

Her concentration breaks and the water splashes back into place.

"Pan knows everything," she replies.

She slowly opens her eyes, staring straight in front of her.

"What were you doing?" Max sits down beside her.

"I figured out that I can control the water," she says, looking at him. "I always wanted to be Katara," she mumbles, holding her hand out in front of her.

She watches as some water slowly rises once again, she forms it into a ball and moves her hands around to keep it in place.

"Who's Katara?" Max questions.

"She's from a TV show," Tahlia replies, not looking at him.

"What's a TV show?" he asks.

Tahlia laughs softly before letting the water fall back into the ocean.

"It's something from my world," her smile falters, "where were you from?" she asks.

She never asked when she was a child, she always just assumed he was from the same world as her, but she realises now that he could have been from anywhere.

"Narnia."

Tahlia sits up straight and quickly turns to face him, a look of excitement on her face. Other than Neverland, growing up Narnia was one of the places Tahlia desperately wanted to go to.

"What was it like there? Were you friends with centaurs? Did you know the White Witch?" she asks rapidly.

Max stiffens at the sound of her name, "yeah, I knew her," he mumbles.

Tahlia can sense the sadness coming from him, but she needs to know more, she is extremely curious.

"Was she as bad as they say?" she questions.

"She was so much worse," he whispers. "When I was only young, she murdered almost everyone in my town, there weren't many people, so she pretty much killed all of my friends and family. But the centaurs got there in time to save a few of us. Do you remember Keegan?" Tahlia nods, "he was there as well. They murdered my parents, and my sister, Lauren, right in front of me, the centaurs barged in just before one of her minions got me as well. He saved Keegan and I, as well as a few others, most of us were young, but all of us were only kids.

"By the time we got to their village there were only six of us, one of the boys died on the way. I was only 7; Keegan was 4. When I was 10, she got Keegan and I, no one even tried to save us," he growls. "The only person who tried was my friend Roger, she froze him She took us to her palace, we were made into her slaves, she barely fed us, I grew extremely weak. Not long after I turned 12, Pan showed up, he saved us, he made us feel loved. But I couldn't forget about what she had done to me, but that was until you showed up," he looks at Tahlia. "I don't know what it was about you, but you seemed to just make me happy."

"Are you okay?" Tahlia asks softly, seeing the tears in his eyes.

She never could have imagined he had been through so much.

"Yeah, it's just- whenever I talk about her, all I can see is everyone around me dying. She didn't have a reason to do it either, she just wanted to, it's sick," he growls. "And there was someone else, one of her close allies, his name was Jack Frost."