V. blackouts

Chapter Status: Edited. 

Beep. Beep. Beep. I groan, the beeping that surrounds me giving me an unbearable headache.

"Tahlia?" Mum questions worriedly, I keep my eyes closed, groaning in response. "Doctor Whale, do you know what's wrong with her?"

"She's fine, but when you put her powers into that locket, she became weak, I recommend she gets the magic back as soon as possible".

That's when everything around me stops; I can't hear anyone, see anyone or feel anyone. All I can see and hear are the images that fill my mind. Random patterns of colours, it was quite pleasant but then everything goes black. Confusion overcomes me as I picture myself looking around in confusion. Deep, dark voices echoes "magic kills, you kill" repetitively, the voices become louder as they inch closer. I try to run but a hand grabs my wrist and pulls me away.

"You're mine now" he growls.

My eyes shoot open and I sit up, breathing heavily.

"Honey, are you okay?" Mum asks quickly.

"I don't want my magic back, I don't want my magic back" I repeat, shaking my head rapidly.

"Why? What's wrong?" Dr Whale asks.

"I heard voices and then someone grabbed me and I was screaming," I rambled, fear taking over my thoughts.

"You're going to have to make an appointment with Doctor Hopper, he'll know what to do" Dr Whale instructs, he then pauses. "Actually, I'll go make the appointment now, Mrs Kennedy, just make sure your daughter's okay," he instructs before leaving the room.

"Are you okay?" Mum asks again.

I look to her concerned blue eyes and nod.

"Yeah, is Caleb alright?" I ask quickly.

"He's fine, don't stress, your father explained everything to him, he's just shocked" she explains.

I sigh in response, my magic didn't kill him, he's alright, confidence fills me, I can learn how to control it and all will be good.

"Just get some rest honey, you've been through a lot" Mum whispers, moving some fallen strands or brown hair behind my ear.

I lay back down, closing my eyes as I slowly drift into a dreamless slumber.

++

"How are you feeling Miss Kennedy?" Dr Hopper asks softly.

I shrug, still extremely nervous. I've never been to a proper therapist before, only the school counsellor when I was 12.

"I'm okay," I reply.

"Just okay? Why's that?" he asks.

I take a hold of the bottom of the sleeves on my jumper, making sure they cover the markings on my arm. Mum told me to keep them covered, she wouldn't tell me why, just that there are some bad people here, not many, but some that could use them against me.

"I don't know, I've just discovered a lot of things about myself and my family that I didn't expect," I shrug, looking up from the ground for the first time.

Dr Hopper's concerned eyes meet mine.

"Like what?" he asks.

I want to tell him about the markings, but Mum's stern voice stays in the back of my head, warning me about the dangers that could come from that.

"I learnt that we all have magic and that my parents are fairy tale characters," I state, my voice much quieter than normal

"Is that hard for you to believe, or accept?" he asks in a soft, encouraging tone.