XXVI. photos, cake, and drama

Chapter Status: Edited. 

Thirty eight days.

Tahlia.

"And done."

I smile in satisfaction as I finish editing my photo of Henry. I didn't get the chance when I got home because June and Caleb needed help with Algebra homework and Mum wanted me to help with dinner. I connect my phone to my laptop and copy the image onto it before transferring it into my 'Photography' album. I post it online and caption it "Meet Henry, my second model" and then text Henry the photo.

It's 9 o'clock, and I know everyone would be out so I head downstairs and go into the kitchen. I put the powdered chocolate and milk onto the bench before turning the kettle on. As I wait for the water to boil, the doorbell rings. I nervously glance down at my Pajamas: black singlet, extra-large grey sweats and brown ugg boots. Ignoring my messy bed hair, I confidently stride over to the door and open it, immediately seeing Henry standing before me with a wide smile on his face. But even more surprising was the woman next to him, Regina.

"Henry, Miss Mills, what are you doing here?" I ask with a warm smile.

"I'm sorry, but are you busy?" Regina questions.

I shake my head.

"Would you like to come in?" I ask.

Regina sends me a forced smile and nods. I move out of their way and they both step in, immediately sitting on the couch.

"I came to ask you a few questions," Regina begins as I shut the front door.

"Go on," I insist, sitting on the armchair beside them.

"We need to talk about this Pan drama, I need to know if this is going to put my son in risk," she says seriously.

I nervously glance at Henry before straightening myself and looking Regina dead in the eyes with a serious expression.

"I honestly can't say he will be 100% safe, but I will handle this. I will make sure Henry doesn't get hurt. As long as Henry doesn't do anything stupid and lets me handle it, he should be alright."

"Good, now, how do you plan to stop him?" Regina asks.

Obviously, she expects me to not have a plan. She probably thinks I'm shitting myself at the thought of being anywhere near Pan or Neverland, but I wasn't scared and I do have a plan.

"I'll give him what he wants, but nothing that could hurt anyone other than him or myself," I say. "I also think I know why Pan wants me."

I didn't plan to tell anyone about Pan and I's fight in my dream, but it could possibly be a benefit.

"And that is?" Regina questions.

Henry leans forward, he already thinks he knows, but by the look on his face and most likely mine, he's realised I wasn't being entirely truthful.

"Well, before I woke up, I figured something out," I start, my eyes darting between Regina and Henry; unsure on who I should be speaking to. "He said he wants me because I'm powerful, but I know that's not the real reason, you see, when I was a kid I used to go to Neverland in my dreams."

I decide to speak to Regina since she doesn't know as much as Henry does.

"And he told me he got rid of someone because he cared about me and he said something about me caring about him and how no one else does. I think he wants me not because of my magic, but because he misses having someone that didn't fear him and actually cares about him," I explain.