XXVII. princess and the loser

Chapter Status: Edited. 

Henry.

Everything is dark; I could not see a thing, until I saw her face, Tahlia, looking straight at me with worry swimming in her eyes.

"Henry? Henry, are you okay?" she asks.

Her blue eyes look away and she walks a bit to her right, looking around.

"Henry! Where are you?" she asks loudly

I try to shout, "I'm here!" but no words would leave my lips.

As she begins to walk further from me, I try to move, but my feet are glued to the floor. As I continue to struggle, the room suddenly fills with flames, a scream is heard, Tahlia's scream. I haven't been here since I was 11 or 12, why am I here now?

"TAHLIA! TAHLIA!" I yell, looking around worriedly.

I know it's all a dream, but what if Tahlia's actually hurt and I can't get out to help her?

"She's not in here" an old man says loudly from across the room,

I stand back as a flame shoots up and I cover my face.

"Where is she?" I question, my voice straining to be louder than the blazing fire around us.

"She's back where she belongs, which is where you should be too," he states, his voice oddly calm.

"And who are you?" I ask.

"That doesn't matter, Henry, wake up, she needs you and you need her too," he informs me.

Before I could ask how he knew my name or why he thinks I need her, the room is gone. I'm now in Neverland, but not like it was before, the island is brighter than I have ever seen it. I could hear a young girl's laughter in the distance and I begin to walk towards it. I stay hidden behind trees as I make my way towards the sound and when I had reached the edge of the forest, I spot a young girl with straight light brown hair and big blue eyes. She's quite short and only seems to be 9 or 10.

"Catch me if you can!" a familiar, but higher, voice teases before a boy zooms into the air above her.

She laughs and jumps but can't seem to catch him, when she's fully facing me- although does not see me- is when I see who it is.

"Tahlia?" I mumble.

This isn't the present, this is a memory, but why does Pan want me to see this? Is this Pan's doing? Pan lands in front of her and the expression on his face is something I had never seen. He actually looked happy, but not wicked happy, happy, happy. It's almost strange to see them like this, Tahlia so young, carefree, and innocent and Pan so... happy. There was no other way of describing it; he was positively, absolutely, super doper happy.

"Do you believe?" he asks Tahlia quietly, squatting in front of her and looking straight into her eyes.

"Of course," she smiles.

They begin to float, but Tahlia didn't notice until Pan pointed his head downwards. Tahlia gasps before beginning to laugh happily.

"You're going to do big things when you're older. You're not going to forget me, are you?" he asks.

"I could never forget you, Peter," she smiles.

The image fades and the island is almost it's fully dark self again, I was almost sure I was going to be face to face with Pan but then two familiar people show up in the clearing. Pan and Tahlia, but this time older, perhaps 12, she has shoulder length, slightly darker brown hair and still has the same big blue eyes.