LIX. true loves kiss

Chapter Status: Edited.

When Tahlia's eyes open the next morning, her eyes are a dark blue. She is not herself, she feels stronger, more powerful, darker. She sits up with a smirk on her face, she is not tired, she is far from it. But her smirk disappears once she remembers what had happened yesterday. Max died. Anna killed him. She sneers before stepping out, it is quite early, the sun has not quite risen yet, but most of the boys are awake. She walks past a group of younger boys trying to start a fire. Without hesitation, she throws a ball of flames at the sticks, luckily, it does not touch any of the boys.

"Thanks, Tahlia," the youngest smiles, not noticing her sudden change in mood.

Tahlia sits on a log and watches the boys do their daily duties. Jamie and Pan are nowhere in sight. Soon, Fletcher walks over to her with some eggs.

"Morning, Tahlia," he smiles.

He heard that Max had died last night; he knows Tahlia is upset.

"I don't eat eggs," she replies dryly as she continues to watch the other boys.

Fletcher sits beside her, "Tahlia, I'm sorry about what happened to Max," he says.

Tahlia does not flinch or look sad, which confuses Fletcher.

"Tahlia, are you okay?" he asks worriedly.

She laughs, "I'm better than okay, Fletch," she says, "I'm powerful, stronger than ever. I'm going to get revenge for what they did to me," she says darkly.

"How?" Fletcher questions worriedly.

She is beginning to scare him.

"They'll see me and instantly give up, they know they can't change me back now," she smirks.

"You won't be good anymore?" Fletcher asks sadly.

"Never again," she smiles.

But her smile is not the same; it is dark, soulless, evil. She is no longer herself, she is changing, and the longer she is like this, the darker she will get until her heart is fully dark. And once that happens... who knows what will happen next. If Henry and his group have a plan, they have to play it out now, they have to save her.

"I'm going to go for a walk," Fletcher says, standing up.

"Watch your back, Fletch, there are dangerous things in those woods," Tahlia warns.

Fletch nods before walking into the forest, once he is out of sight he runs, he runs faster than he has ever ran before, he has to let them know, he has to make them save her. But he is going the wrong way, and it might take him hours before he finds them. When Pan and Jamie return to camp, they instantly know something is not right, it is quiet, eerie almost. They look at the boys; none of them speak much, only quietly. Tahlia's loud voice cannot be heard, her normally happy persona missing, it is like she is not there.

But Pan knows she is still here, he just cannot see her, that is when Jamie points her out. Sitting in the dark, hidden almost completely by the shadows, she sits with a glare on her face. Jamie furrows his eyebrows at her, why is she sitting alone and why does she look so mad? He thinks that it has to be because of Max's death, but why is she so mad instead of just...upset? Is it because of Anna?

Pans knows exactly what is happening; it is the stage where almost all of her heart is dark. If one more person is to give up on her, it will send her over the edge, all it will take is a little motivation. That is when he gets an idea and walks straight over to her, Jamie trailing slightly behind.