XLV. max

Chapter Status: Edited. 

[It's my birthday! Yay!]

Five days.

3rd Person.

Pan enters the camp with Felix by his side; he had a small talk with Felix about what to do with Max. He was distracting Tahlia, he knew about her potential and he wanted that to be useful to him. But with Max distracting her, how would she ever be able to live up to her full potential? Granted, he knew about the risks of her learning about her powers and growing stronger. He knew she was bound to turn bad, and even though Pan did like the nice side of her, he craved power. And having her under his wing is going to grant him his wish.

He could easily kill Max, but then Tahlia would never forgive him. He also knew that Max had done nothing wrong, and Pan couldn't kill one of the lost boys for nothing. Max was extremely loyal to Pan and the rest of the boys, whilst also being a very dear friend of Tahlia. He couldn't possibly kill him, and he couldn't banish him either, he may be evil but he still had some morals. He vowed never to banish one of his own or let them see death unless needed. There was only one option left, an option that would keep him on the island and alive, but not get in Tahlia's way.

Pan waits patiently while Felix walks over to Max, whom is sitting next to a boy named Connor and making arrows.

"Pan wants to see you," Felix whispers to him and Max nods, standing up.

He hands Connor the half-finished arrows and mumbles a "be right back" before following Felix. Pan and Max walk through the forest until they were quite far from camp.

"What do you need, Peter?" Max asks chirpily.

He was hoping it was something to do with Tahlia. He was hoping Pan wanted Max to help her with her bow and arrow, or maybe give her a few more lessons on sword fighting.

"Max, you are distracting Tahlia from her learning, she isn't doing as well as she could. Granted, you have done nothing else wrong, but I have to take action now," Pan explains.

"What are you going to do to me?" Max asks in fear.

Pan smirks darkly and chuckles as he steps closer.

"I'm going to put you in the echo caves, under a spell that will make you age normally. That way you will die of old age when the time comes, Tahlia will never know," he explains.

"She'll realise that I'm missing! She will come looking for me!" Max shouts angrily.

"No, she won't, I'll tell her you died, you went to the mermaids on a walk with me and you tripped and they grabbed you. Believable, don't you think?" he asks.

"You're a monster," he hisses, "James was right, all you care about is yourself and power. You were using us, all of us!" Max shouts insolently.

In anger, Pan puts a spell on him; Max slowly closes his eyes and then falls to the ground. Felix emerges from the bushes, clapping slowly.

"Good job, Pan, now what do we do with the body?" he asks with a small smirk on his scarred face.

"We put him in the echo caves, help me pick him up," Pan replies.

Together, they pick up the unconscious boy and take him into the echo caves. Pan opens up a secret passage and they drop him into a cage in the centre. He puts a spell around it so he can't escape and that Neverland's magic wouldn't affect him properly. That way he will age like any other 12-year-old boy until he dies. Of course, he'd get Felix to give him food so he wouldn't die, he might need him later on. When the pair arrives back in camp, Pan silences everyone and explains everything. Of course, he explained the lie, but no one knew he was lying, they always believed him.