XLI. psychotic

Chapter Status: Edited. 

Nine Days.

Anna.

Nic smiled softly, leaning closer and pressing his lips against mine, I smile into the kiss, savouring the taste of his lips. I pull away and open my eyes; Nic then stands, beginning to walk backwards.

"What are you doing?" I question, confused, standing up and staring as he slowly is swallowed by darkness.

"Anna!"

I look to my right, spotting Tahlia standing in a spotlight. Her hair a mess, mascara staining her cheeks; she wears a white dress covered in dirt.

"Why?" she asks, her voice quavering.

"What?" I frown, stepping closer.

She flinches and shakes her head quickly.

"Why did you give up on me?"

Everything is subtle, the catastrophic pain swimming aggressively through her eyes, her lips shaking as it did when she is cold. Her thumbs rub circles around eachother, as she did when her anxiety worsens. It was all so real, I hardly even thought I was dreaming.

"I would never give up on you," I say softly.

"But you did, you let him get me, you let my parents lose their daughter. You let Caleb and June lose their big sister," she sobs, seeming to go insane.

"No, I would never do that," I shake my head, as the world around me slowly grows darker.

"YOU DID!" she screams, walking towards me.

The spotlight follows her, lightning flashes, and she stops right in front of me, staring at me with heated eyes and a clenched jaw.

"You let Peter get me! You gave up on me! You let me turn bad, and you just watched!" she hisses.

I try to deny it, but my voice gets caught in my throat, the shock running so belligerently through me that I cannot even open my mouth.

"You can't even talk, Anna, what did I ever do to you?" she asks desperately.

"Tahlia," a dark voice sings.

The anger is replaced by immense fear, Tahlia looks around rapidly, so do I.

"He's here," she whispers, looking at me in fear.

Suddenly dirty arms wrap around her waist, instinctively I step, my heart beating so fast I fear it may burst. This is definitely more than a dream.

"Anna," she whispers, tears brim in her eyes.

"Pan always wins," the dark voice then whispers.

Her eyes widen as she's pulled back into the darkness.

"ANNA! PLEASE HELP ME!"

I hear Tahlia scream, but I cannot move, my feet seeming to be held down to the floor. I hastily try to yank my feet, desperately trying to run to my best friend.

"ANNA! ANNA! PLEASE!".

"TAHLIA! TAHLIA!" I scream, my voice filled with pain.

A hand falls onto the floor in front of me, the arm leading into the slowly growing darkness.

"Tahlia?" I ask quietly, shaking, the hand immediately disappears, and I begin to sob, "TAHLIA!"

"TAHLIA!" I scream.