III. storybrooke

Chapter Status: Edited.

I jolt awake as the car drives over a bump, making me hit my forehead on the window in the process.

"Ow!" I groan, holding the top of my forehead in pain,

June starts to laugh and, to my surprise, Caleb joins in.

"What are you kids laughing at?" Mum asks.

"Tahlia hit her head!" June laughs.

I roll my eyes at her immaturity.

"We're here!" Dad sings as we pull into a brick driveway.

I gasp, the house is beautiful! It's a white two storey building with clean windows. The grass in the front yard looks like it is freshly mowed, small bushes form an arch shape around the grass, three tall trees stand tall over the house and a large flower bush sits right next to the driveway. I know fairy tales aren't real, but this dream house is, let's just hope it's just as good, if not better, on the inside.

I grab my suitcase and walk behind Dad towards the front door. The door has a white frame and two long, thin, windows with snowflakes on them. When Dad unlocks the door, I smile widely, placing the suitcase carelessly on the brown wooden floor boards. The living room is right there as you walk inside, a large, black couch leans against the wall, a 55 inch TV opposite it, a black coffee table in front of it.

The room to my left is a laundry, inside lies a door that leads to the backyard, which I will check out later. A smaller, door less entrance leads into the kitchen. I walk in and I scan the room, a black bench with drawers and small cupboards leans against the white wall on one side. A white pantry is to the right of the doorway, a large fridge and freezer next to it. Across from them is a long black bench with a dishwasher, sink, drawers, cupboards and a kettle.

I walk up the marble staircase and into the hallway at the top. There are three doors on either side of the long hallway and one at the very end. As I begin to slowly walk to the mysterious door, I hear Dad's voice.

"Tahlia, your room is furthest down on the right!" he yells.

"Okay!" I call back; I decide to check out whatever's behind that door later.

If it were the same as the other doors I would've ignored it, but it's not. All the doors in the house are white with a small silver door knob. But this door was brown and looked really old with chips falling off and weird markings across it. I open my door and look around. A black desk is placed in the corner of the room, a TV in the other far corner. A large white bed is placed in the corner, opposite the TV and stops just in front of it.

A built-in cupboard is right next to the door, with a bookshelf on one side and a door, thankfully. If it were just open all the time I would definitely have nightmares of the nun from the Conjuring 2 coming out of it and killing me. The walls are all white, above my bed 'to infinity and beyond' is written in cursive black writing. The wall above the desk is covered in black snowflakes with my favourite quote written in haunting black writing.

'everyone has a dark side'

It might not be a proper quote, but I love it nonetheless. A large window with black curtains is placed between the desk and TV. This room is absolutely perfect! My Mum and Dad came here for a few weeks two months ago to do up the house, but I don't know if they met up with anyone while they were here. I pull my phone out of my pocket and take photos of my room, sending them to Anna.

To: fave

dude omg look at this place holy

From: fave