XVIII. rumplestiltskin

Chapter Status: Edited.

From: Henry ;)
I heard what the receptionist said.

My heart sinks as I read his text, instantly stopping a few houses down from my own. My heart begins to speed up, will he be mad? Embarrassed? Find it amusing?

To: Henry ;)
Are you mad?

From: Henry ;)
Nah, bro, thought it was hilarious, Mum didn't though.

To: Henry ;)
Did you just call me bro?

From: Henry ;)
You mad, bro?

To: Henry ;)
You're such a loser

From: Henry ;)
Princess and the loser XD

To: Henry ;)
Changing your name to loser now

From: Henry ;)
K, you're already Princess in mine

My heart flutters at the small comment, but I need to play it cool, besides, it's just a nickname.

To: Henry ;)
Well, I am a princess and you are a loser :)

From: Henry ;)
I know *sighs* I'm a bit of a peasant even though technically I am a prince

To: Henry ;)
I guess I found my prince charming ;) haha

From: Henry ;)
I guess you have.

From: Henry ;)
Got to go, see ya tomorrow!

To: Henry ;)
See you then

I walk the rest of the way home slowly, my mind still on what Henry had said. I guess you have. What does he even mean? I was just joking, but he seemed dead serious, but I suppose you can't really tell over text. When I get home I pretty much sit straight on the couch and change Henry's name to "Loser".

"So, how was your day out?" Mum asks.

She walks into the room in her navy-blue dressing gown holding a glass of milk.

"It was alright, nothing exciting," I shrug, pocketing my phone and looking up at her.

"So, what did you do?" she questions, taking a sip of milk and sitting beside me.

"Um, we just looked at old photos, chatted about their adventures," I shrug. "Why are you suddenly so interested in my social life?" I ask with an amused expression.

Never had she sat down with me and chatted with me about how my day was and the latest gossip. We never talked about cute boys or dating or bitchy girls, none of that, our relationship was more of a "how was your day?" kind where we talked like half friends that need other people to have a proper conversation.

"Well, I never got to gossip with you, and now there's a boy in your life," she teases, nudging me slightly.

I laugh and shake my head while looking down at my hands.

"He's just a friend," I reply, laughing slightly

"Mmhm, that's what I said about your father to all of my friends, but they knew there was something more to us than that," Mum states.

"We only met a week and a half ago, besides, I haven't liked anyone since, well, you know," I mumble.

Mum knows about Michael simply since she and Michael's mum, Maura, were best friends along with Anna's Mum.