LIII. burnt

Chapter Status: Edited. 

Fletcher and Kane hurry back to the camp, making sure that the group are not following them. When they enter, Tahlia is standing with a bow and arrow in her hand.

"We did this with Henry, but with a crossbow," Pan states as Jamie puts an apple on his head.

"Do you think I can actually do it?" Tahlia asks worriedly.

"Of course, you used to do this to Felix all of the time," Pan points out.

Tahlia takes a deep breath; thinking back to the last time she did it, she steadies her hand and closes one eye, pointing the arrow at the red apple. Anna watches from her tent, she can feel it; she is slowly losing her best friend. The spirit of Neverland is taking over her and Anna fears she would never see the real Tahlia again. Tahlia releases the arrow and it flies through the air, landing in the centre of the apple and sticking to the tree.

She smirks as she hands the arrow back to Pan, "I still got it."

"That could come in use one day," Jamie points out.

"Maybe," Tahlia shrugs.

"Tahlia!" Fletch runs over to her with Kane by his side.

She motions for the two boys to follow her to her tent, they don't enter; just standing beside it, Anna secretly listening in.

"Are they okay?" she asks.

"They're fine, but they're working with Princess Tiger Lily," Fletch states.

Tahlia pretends it does not bother her.

"What are they planning? Did you hear anything?"

"Well, we sort of bumped into them," Kane says nervously.

"What?" Tahlia asks in disbelief.

"We didn't know, we turned a corner and they were there! But a boy did tell us to deliver you a message." Fletch states.

Anna's eyes widen as she listens harder.

"Which boy?" Tahlia asks eagerly.

"He said his name was Henry," Kane says.

Tahlia smiles, "what did he say?" she asks in joy.

"He said that they were okay, he also said something about coming to save you," he says.

"Is that it?" Tahlia questions.

"Yeah, he just said that they'll be here soon, but we should warn you about something," Kane states.

"What is it?" Tahlia asks.

"Tiger Lily just really seems to hate you."

**

"Tahlia! Tahlia!" Anna screams.

Tahlia slowly sits up, looking around in confusion.

"Anna?" she asks tiredly.

Anna opens her tent and that is when Tahlia hears it. Flames, screams, people yelling orders, what the hell is going on?

"What's happening?" Tahlia asks.

"It's the Indians, they set the camp on fire," Anna screeches in panic.

Tahlia's eyes widen and she follows Anna out of the tent to see the massive flames. She is surprised she had not woken up to hear this, she was just so tired. She looks at the flame in panic, they reach higher than the trees around them, her skin feeling as though she is close to the sun.