XXV. henry becomes a model

Chapter Status: Edited. 

Anna

"She just seems... off, you know?" Tahlia explains worriedly.

I sigh, sitting on the edge of my bed. Tahlia's mother has always been a very positive and outgoing woman, and seeing her act so different is obviously worrying, but yet again, Tahlia can easily be overreacting, she has a tendency to do so.

"I know you're worried, Tals, but don't you think that you could be overreacting a tad? She could've just had a rough night," I suggest.

It's silent for a moment before a small sigh is heard.

"You're right, I need to stop overreacting, " she says softly, more to herself than me.

I yawn and look at the clock beside my bed.

"Tahlia, it's nearly 11 and I need to get some sleep, I'm up early tomorrow morning."

I bite my lip as I wait for her response. It only takes her a second to speak up.

"Sure, call me later".

She sounds quite upset that I'm leaving; it's obvious she needs someone to talk to.

"Bye."

I hang up.My hands drop to between my legs, I yawn again as I look around my empty room, brown boxes littering the boarded floors. I turn my phone off and put it on charge before slipping into bed; I can't help but admire the blank walls, the ones that use to be spoiled with posters and photos, now blank and empty.

Tahlia.

I throw myself onto my bed, scrolling through my photos, photo's mainly of my favourite celebrities or the photos I've taken of Anna and I. I click on the album labelled "Self Taken" and admire the 98 photos of random things. Nature, people, sunsets and different places, all dating between a few weeks ago and three years ago. I had only just gotten off the phone with Anna and I am already bored, Dad's still out, June and Caleb are at school and Mum's asleep. Now that Anna's unavailable, I decide to text Henry.

To: Loser x
What up, homie! I'm bored :(

From: Loser x
I'm bored as well

To: Loser x
I have an idea! Meet me at the cliff at sunset, wear something nice :)

From: Loser x
I know what you're planning, Tahlia! But since I'm nice, I agree, see you in a few hours

I smile victoriously and grab my camera bag, my tripod and my charged laptop. I place all the items in my backpack, except the tripod which is already in a bag, and head downstairs and into the kitchen. I grab a cold bottle of water from the fridge and some snacks and put them in the bag as well. I make sure I have my phone, keys and some cables I need before heading out the front door.

I walk quite hurriedly towards the cliff, walking past and saying a quick hello to Belle, whom I've briefly met. I hurry up the hill and land at the cliff, it's currently 1:48 and sunset isn't until 5:30. I pull my headphones out of the front of my bag and plug them into my phone, placing my "concentration" playlist on shuffle.

This is the playlist I listen to when reading, editing, studying, etc, the first song that plays is "Close As Strangers" by 5SOS, which is a piece of art. I hum along as I set up the camera so it's facing towards the town at a good angle. Once I'm satisfied, I pull out one earphone and tuck it into my shirt before looking at the screen.

The sun shines down on the town, although, like always, the grey clouds cover most of the sky. I close one eye and take a few snapshots, scrolling through them until I pick my favourite. This one has a single bird flying in the distance and the natural lighting is perfect, there's no glare from the sun and you can see the hands on the clock reaching 1:57.