XXIII. shadow's deal

Chapter Status: Edited. 

"Tell me about your childhood."

"My childhood? I don't really like my childhood, it was pretty boring" I shrug.

I avoid his eyes in case he figures out I'm lying.

"There has to be something interesting," Henry insists.

My childhood wasn't boring, it was horrible, I didn't have any friends because I focused on grades so much to impress my parents, but they were never impressed. I was bullied, all I had was Anna, and for some time I had Pan.

"The only interesting thing that happened was Pan really," I shrug.

Henry seemed taken aback but quickly recomposes himself.

"Well, tell me, was he ever nice?" he questions.

"He was, until I was 12 because he was getting impatient about the heart of the truest believer," I practically growl.

That's all he ever talked about; it made me feel used... like I wasn't important, just a pawn in his game.

"He said he wanted me to act as a friend to whoever the heart of the truest believer belonged too. So, when I refused we got in a massive fight and my brain blocked me from ever going back," I explain.

Henry seems to be going white, but I ignore it.

"So, you never saw Pan after that until recently?" Henry guesses.

"Well... not exactly" I reply hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" Henry asks curiously.

I sigh; and hesitantly, I begin to tell the tale of when Pan came to my bedroom window when I was 16, and took to me Neverland one last time.

++++

As I fold my clothes and place them neatly at the end of my bed, my window flies open and a gush of the cold winter's wind rushes in. I shiver and furrow my eyebrows, placing my shirt down and walking towards the open window. However, before I can reach it, a familiar figure lands on my window seal, quickly placing his hand over my mouth in order to stop me from screaming. He places a finger to his lips, instructing me to stay quiet.

"W-What are you doing here?" I ask in fear, once he removes his hand.

Is he here to hurt me? Is he trying to take me back to Neverland? He steps inside quietly, still towering over me although I have grown (but not much) since the last time he saw me.

"Wow you look so, grown up" he comments.

I place my left hand on my right arm and try to rub off the Goosebumps.

"Peter, how are you here? I thought you couldn't leave Neverland," I ask, voice hushed.

"The shadow said I can visit you if he takes a few years off of my time" he explains.

I look at him in shock.

"You'd do that for me?" I ask quietly.

I remove the look of shock from my face and he nods.

"Why are you so nice to me?" I ask. "You were so mean to everyone else, every visitor and, every other inhabitant on the island.".

"You cared about me, not many people did, which is why I'm here," he states.

I raise my right eyebrow, urging him to continue.

"I want you to come back to the island, we need someone like you there," he says.