XLII. hutsone

Chapter Status: Edited.

[hutsone; hut - soo - nay.]

Dr Whale opens his mouth to speak but quickly closes it when a dark-haired male runs into the waiting room.

"Dr Whale, it's Tahlia," he pants.

Dr Whale begins to turn around but quickly looks at Henry.

"Stay here," he snaps as Henry begins to stand up.

He then turns back towards the nurse and the pair hurries back towards Tahlia's room. Tahlia's heart monitor beeps extremely fast.

"She's not breathing!" a nurse shrieks.

But that does not make sense, her heart monitor is racing.

"Quickly, put an oxygen mask on her!" Dr Whale instructs worriedly.

Tahlia sluggishly lifts her head off a hard surface, looking around in confusion. The lights suddenly flickers on and she realises where she is, in the attic of her Mum and Dad's house. She then sits up, her eyes still squinting as she gets to her feet, watching curiously as a book slowly opens on the desk. She slowly made her way towards it, picking it up as ink begins to appear, forming words. 'Look down,' confused, Tahlia did just that. She realises there is nothing there, just darkness and she feels herself beginning to fall into the black abyss.

"What's happening, Dr Whale?" a nurse asks fearfully.

"I don't know," he replies.

The room begins to fill with wind, equipment falling to the ground and hair blowing in every direction.

"Someone go get Regina Mills!" he shouts over the antagonistic wind.

A woman nods hurriedly before rushing out of the room.

Tahlia lands on an abandoned street in the centre of a deserted town. She recognises this place, it is Storybrooke, but where is everyone? It is as though everyone had vanished into thin air, the faint wind blowing some fallen leaves that are lying on the roads, making chills run through her body. In the distance, she sees someone, he is wearing jeans, a black coat and, what looks to be, a grey and red scarf.

"Henry?" she whispers to herself.

But she cannot see his face, he is stands still, facing the other direction, as though he isn't alive. His body is stiff, dark brown hair a mess, more holographic than human.

Dr Whale does not know what to do, sending Henry into her head again is dangerous. Especially the second time and while she's like this, success would be nowhere near guaranteed. Regina soon runs into the room.

"What's going on?" she asks as her hair begins to blow in front of her face.

"We don't know," Dr Whale yells as the wind strengthens. "We can't leave her, but that means we're putting ourselves in danger!"

Regina walks towards Tahlia, she touches her arm, but a jolt makes her step back. She motions Dr Whale to follow her and the pair head outside.

Everyone hurriedly rushes towards them, "is she going to be okay?" Elizabeth immediately asks.

"She's experiencing Hutsone. Hutsone is a string of nightmares all linked together; it only happens to magical folk and is really rare. Most of the time it's self-inflicted, but sometimes someone can be causing it," Regina explains.

"Is it Pan?" Henry asks.

Regina shakes her head, "not exactly, but I don't think it's self-inflicted either," she adds.