XXXIX. anna goes on a date

Chapter Status: Edited. 

Anna.

"Oh my god, what dress do I wear? How do I do my hair? My makeup?"

I run a hand through my hair as I look at my open wardrobe. I've never been one to ponder to harshly about the way I look, I usually don't go on dates or like people, but Nicholas was... different, as cliché as that may seem.

"Calm down, it's a first date, not a runway show, you dress like yourself. Don't overdo it," Tahlia instructs from her bed.

I turn to look at her with a hopeless look on my face.

"Please help me, I've never been on a date before and I don't know what I'm doing," I beg.

She sighs, hopping to her feet and strolling over to the open closet doors. She goes through a few things before picking out a medium length black dress. She hands it to me before grabbing a pair of two inch black heels and a plain black cardigan.

"It's fancy, but not too fancy and it's extremely flattering, it'll look great."

She pushes me to the bathroom. I lock all the doors so Henry doesn't accidently walk in and quickly put on the outfit. Tahlia was right; it is flattering, not tight, but not loose, short, but not too short. The heels also make me taller than Tahlia, making my legs look longer and thinner. I walk out and Tahlia looks up from her phone.

"You look hot, but we should get a male opinion," she decides.

I nod in agreement and watch as she leaves the room to go fetch Henry. I grab my phone from my bedside table and turn around just as Henry enters. His brown eyes widen slightly and Tahlia smirks beside him.

"Hot, right?' she asks him.

He wordlessly nods his head and I blush.

"Nicholas will like it right?" I ask nervously.

"What happened to my best friend that said she'd never get married? Or even like a guy?" Tahlia asks cheekily.

"I grew up I guess," I shrug.

"You've known him for like a week, do you already like him?" Henry questions.

"I don't think I like him, but I'm willing to let myself fall for him," I mumble awkwardly.

Henry and Tahlia look at each other before both letting out an 'awe' sound.

"Am I the only one that can't like people?" Tahlia asks.

I see Henry's face fall slightly, but I don't dwell on it, Tahlia's going to fall for him one day, I can tell.

"You're not incapable of it, you just haven't realized that you're already in love," I blurt.

Henry's eyes widen, but Tahlia doesn't notice, just sending me a confused expression.

"With who?" she asks.

She folds her arms over her chest and leans on her right leg.

"Doesn't matter," I shake my head, "I'm just teasing."

Tahlia's eyes flicker to Henry for a moment, she then rolls her eyes before stepping forward.

"Whatever, let's get your hair and makeup done, you have a big date tonight," she smirks.

I nod and look over at Henry, who walks out of the room to leave us alone. Ignoring our previous conversation, she plugs in her hair straightener before grabbing a makeup bag.