♪ What comes next? You've been freed! ♫

Despite the whole debacle with the angels throwing everyone off, they still have their celebratory lunch together before everyone goes their separate ways. Obviously, there's a lot going on, so let's take a look at everyone separately.

Sam looks over at the archangel sitting next to him. "So, did you finally decide you're not going to try to kill Lucifer?"

Gabriel gives a very dramatic sigh. "Yeah, I guess I can let him live."

Sam, knowing just as well as Gabriel that Lucifer would be more likely to come out on top anyway, rolls his eyes. "So, if you're not picking fights that you can't win, what are you going to do now?"

Gabriel shrugs. "I don't know. I'm out of hiding for the first time since Lucifer's fall from grace. I guess I can pretty much do anything." Not that there's really much to do; his deadly pranks were mostly a part of his cover. Doing them now would just put him on the Winchesters' bad side, and even though he knows they wouldn't try to kill him again, he doesn't want to send them on a wild goose chase just to find out that it was him causing problems the whole time.

"Do you want to hang out with us?" Sam asks. "You would make a great hunter."

Gabriel snorts. "I'm not planning on being the hunted anymore, but I'm definitely not hunter material." Mostly because he would be too good at it, but he's not going to say that.

"Are you at least going to stop by and visit?" Sam asks.

Gabriel shrugs. "I don't know. Do you want me to?"

Sam shrugs, too. "I mean, yeah, kinda. We're friends, right? No reason to ignore each other after all this."

"Fair point," Gabriel says. "Then yeah, sure, I'll pop back in every now and then."

"Cool."

And awkward silence.

Dean groans. "God, you two are so annoying. Just kiss, for god's sake!"

Sam slaps him on the shoulder. "Dude!"

Dean rolls his eyes. "Come on. We were all thinking it."

"We were," Castiel agrees.

Sam shoots them both a glare.

Gabriel, in a moment of brave stupidity, says, "Well, they're not wrong."

Sam stares at him for just long enough to make him think that was a bad idea before saying, "I can't tell if you're saying that to humor them or if you really mean it."

"That depends," Gabriel says. "If I really meant it, would you feel the same way? Because if so, I meant it. If not, I was totally joking."

Sam chuckles. "In that case... " Sam grabs him by the shirt and pulls him in for a kiss.

Well, isn't this just the perfect day?

~~

Meanwhile, Jo and Michael are having their own conversation. Jo was pleasantly surprised to find that Michael was still willing to go out for lunch with them, despite his refound allegiance to Heaven. It makes her feel a lot better about their future together. The fact that Michael didn't just leave the first chance he got -- or the first chance he felt he should take -- is nice. If he's willing to stay with her now, he must be willing to put in the effort.

"How often do you think you'll be able to come back and visit?" Jo asks him.

Michael sighs. "I don't know. I guess it depends on how Heaven is doing."

"Do you think you can come by at least once a week?" Jo asks.

"Of course I can," he assures her.