Chapter 34

"Dean."

Dean glances behind himself as he grabs a pie from the kitchen. He had the angels make him a supply earlier, so he wouldn't have to bug them every time the craving for it arose.

"Hey, Sammy," Dean replies with a grin, turning around to face his brother.

Sam is less enthusiastic. "Does it seem like there something... off about everyone lately?" he asks hesitantly.

Dean thinks about this for a moment. "Nah. Why?"

"Because I just watched a light saber fight in the hallway."

Had Dean had something to drink, he would have done a spit take. "What?"

Sam nods. "Yep."

At a loss for words, Dean doesn't speak for a moment. Finally, he guesses, "Charlie and Gabriel?"

"Yeah, how did you —?"

"Charlie's a geek and Gabriel's just stupid enough to make them light sabers," Dean interrupts with the answer.

Sam shrugs slightly, accepting the answer without question. "Whatever. But you know who else joined their light saber fight?"

"You?" Dean guesses with a teasing smirk.

"What?"

"I figure you're just as geeky as the rest of 'em," Dean replies with a shrug.

Sam bitches faces him. "No, it wasn't me. It was Lucifer."

Dean just stares uncomprehendingly for what has to be at least a minute. Finally, he repeats haltingly, "Lucifer... had a light saber fight... with Gabriel and Charlie."

Sam nods, just as disturbed by it as him. "Yeah. And he was getting really into it, too. Dude, that's not Lucifer."

"What do you mean, that's not Lucifer?" Dean asks, confused. "We know the guy. That's him."

"No, I mean... I know Lucifer. I really know Lucifer. That right there... that wasn't Lucifer."

Unsure how to respond to that, he doesn't. Instead, he grabs his pie and a fork before saying, "Look at it this way. Maybe there is something wrong with him. But do you really care? I mean, call me crazy, but I'd take Star Wars Lucifer over the Lucifer we know any day. He may be going balls-to-the-walls crazy, but at least he ain't trying to kill anyone. I'd call that a win."

"Yeah, I guess," Sam agrees hesitantly.

"Come on, Sammy," Dean says, clapping his brother on the shoulder in a friendly way. "Lighten up. Not everything needs to be a problem. Go hang out with your girlfriend or something."

Sam chuckles to himself. "A couple weeks ago, you would've made some comment about how you want to bang her or something."

Dean shrugs nonchalantly. "Can't do that when you're in a relationship."

Sam pats his brother on the back with a teasing smile. "I'm glad you finally decided to embrace the gay, Dean."

Dean smacks his hand away with his signature bitch face. "Shut it."

"You know I'm ri-ight!" Sam sings as he walks out of the room. Dean just rolls his eyes and returns to his true love — pie.

~~

"Hey!" Jess says excitedly, jumping on Sam's back. He laughs as she hops down onto the floor. "What's up?"

"Nothing, really," Sam replies honestly. It's sort of weird, having literally nothing of importance to do.