Chapter Twenty Three

A few weeks had passed and I was now walking towards the cafeteria since it's already lunchtime.

As I was about to enter, my classmate, Doyeon handed me something then left after. I looked at the paper she gave me and realized it was a flyer for prom.

I nearly cursed upon seeing the flyer. I hated proms. It's the day where people get to dress up all fancy with their dates by their side. I don't know why people get excited over a one night where you'll waste your money buying expensive clothings.

I folded the flyer and put it inside my pocket as I continued heading towards the cafeteria while looking for Yuna.

I saw Yuna waving happily at me so I ran up to her. "Heyyy." Yuna says excitedly. "You look happy, what's this about?" Yuna gasped before answering. "Didn't you receive a flyer? Prom is already on Friday and it's going to be my first ever prom." She squealed.

"What? It's already this Friday?" I asked shocked. "Yes. And I am so excited. What are you going to wear?" "Um I don't know. I don't even know the theme." I shrugged.

"Oh come on Y/n, didn't you read the flyer?" Yuna says and I got the flyer out of my pocket. "There you go. I thought you didn't get one." She added.

"A Royal Ball? Is that the theme?" I asked. "Yes it is. And why do you look so uninterested. It looks like you hate proms." Yuna said. I looked at her with disbelief and she said, "Right... you do hate it. Sorry, I forgot."

"It's okay. Even if I hate it I'll attend it for you." "Really?" Yuna said happily. "Of course. I wouldn't let my best friend miss her first prom." "Omg thank you so much Y/n." Yuna said hugging me.

"I just had the perfect idea." Yuna said after she pulled away. "What is it?" "Why don't we shop for our gown together?" She said. "We can go after school since it's already this Friday and we might ran out of choices. Is it okay with you?"

"It's better than okay. I can't wait to do with you!" I smiled happily. "I can't wait for this day to end." Yuna exclaimed excitedly.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

After school was done, we went to my house to ask my mom for permission and she lend me her credit card for me to use. Then, she drove me to Yuna's house.

I greeted Yuna's mom once I saw her and she thanked me for agreeing to come with Yuna. She then told us that she is coming with us to the mall and will help us choose what to wear.

We got inside the car with Yuna's mom driving.

A few minutes had passed and we're already at the mall. Once we're inside, I didn't know where to go first so I waited for neither Yuna or her mom to talk.

"Oh I know the perfect place we can go." Yuna said grabbing my hand and leading me to the shop with her mom following us from behind.

Yuna stopped as we stood in front of a couture shop. "Come let's go inside." She says and I followed.

The shop was full of beautiful and elegant dresses and gowns. I admired the place and saw the colorful hues of clothing placed in front of me. I admit it, even if I hated proms, choosing what to wear is the most exciting part.

"Okay you two, just get anything that catches your attention and then you try it." Yuna's mom said and Yuna nodded excitedly. "Okay." I said and started choosing.

I tried a few but I ended up hating all the dress I found. I finally gave up and went outside the fitting room.

"What's wrong? Didn't you find anything good to wear?" Yuna asked. I nodded sadly. Yuna thought for a second before answering, "I just found the right gown for you. Earlier I was staring at it then I thought of you wearing it while I was looking at it."

Yuna hands me the gown she found. "Come on, go try it." I hesitantly went back inside the fitting room and tried what Yuna gave me.

I'm surprised at how good it look. Yuna was right, this gown fits me. I smiled in the mirror while admiring the gown.

I got out of the fitting room and thanked Yuna for choosing the perfect gown for me. She says it's no problem then we went straight to the cashier.

I got my mom's credit card out and was about to give it to the lady in the cashier when Yuna's mom stopped me.

"It's okay Y/n, I'll pay for it." "Oh no, it's okay. It's mine so I need to–" "No need Y/n. Since it's Yuna's first prom and you're going together I insist that I'll pay for everything." "Okay... Thank you Mrs. Shin." I said sheepishly and Yuna's mom smiled.

After buying for gowns, we went to a shoe store to buy some heels. I didn't really buy a tall high heel since I'm not used to wearing. I was going to buy a two-inched heel when Yuna insisted me in buying three.

Yuna told me that wearing high heels is not that hard and I just need to practice myself. She told me to wear it more often before Friday comes so that I can get used to walking with it.

"That was fun." Yuna's mom said once we're done buying everything we need. "It's getting late. Why don't we eat here instead?" Yuna's mom suggested and both Yuna and I agreed.

______________________________

A/N: I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas :D Also, thank you so much for 2k reads!!