Chapter Thirteen

"Wait what are you doing?" I asked a bit shocked. "I need to tell you something important." Eunwoo seriously said.

"Alright. I'll come with you since you're the one who brought my phone back." I said giving in. "But I'll have to ask my mom first."

I stepped inside and called out to my mom. "Mom, I'm going out with Eunwoo." Mom saw me and headed towards the door. "Okay dear, but be sure to be home before 9 pm." She said.

"I won't be gone that long, I promise." I smiled. Eunwoo came from behind me and said, "I'll take care of Y/n. Don't worry." Then he gave my mom a slight smile.

I stared at him 'cause I don't see him smile like that at school, only when he's with my family. "Oh you're too kind." Mom said. "I knew I could always trust you when it comes to Y/n." She added.

I looked at mom and whispered for her to stop. "What? I'm just being honest." She said. "I guess we better go now, right Eunwoo?" I grabbed Eunwoo's arm and started walking. "Bye mom."

When we were a few meters away from my house, I let go of Eunwoo's arm and exhaled. "What was that about?" Eunwoo asked.

"Oh that? Um... that's nothing you know, I'm just trying to make it less awkward between us. You know what I mean?" I chuckled nervously. Eunwoo didn't say a word as he only nodded.

"Let's go." Eunwoo said as we went inside the bus. Eunwoo let me go inside first. I was about to pay when I realized I don't have my wallet with me. "I don't have my wa-" I turned around when I saw Eunwoo already paid for the both of us.

"Thank you." I looked for some place to sit and Eunwoo sat beside me. I awkwardly moved to my side so we wouldn't be that close to each other.

"Um Eunwoo, where exactly are we going?" I asked. "You'll know it once we get there." I looked away and said, "Okay."

The bus stopped as we reached our destination. I got down first with Eunwoo following me from behind.

I looked around and I saw that we were at Hangang Park which is the park near Han River.

"Eunwoo, what is it you're going to tell me? Why did you bring me here all of a sudden?" "Stop asking questions or I'll leave you here."

I mumbled an "Okay." As Eunwoo and I began walking. We walked silently for about a couple of minutes until we reached the walking paths of Han River.

I looked at my right as I admired the view of the river with the lights making it illuminate in the dark.

Without any word, Eunwoo holds my hand and led me to a nearest bench. He lets go of my hand and sits on the bench. I hesitated at first, but I sat next to Eunwoo.

We sat on the bench as the 180 view of the Han River is displayed in front of us. I didn't say another word and waited for Eunwoo to speak first.

Out of the blue, Eunwoo began to speak. "I know who pushed you earlier." He said straightforward. "What?" I said shocked. "Wh- who?" I stuttered knowing who could've done such an awful thing to me.

"Yeji." "What? How could she do this to me? I didn't even do anything to he-" My eyes widened as it came to my realizations on why Yeji would've done it.

Is it because she saw me talking to Eunwoo at the party? Or is it because she hates me? She clearly hates me considering the way she talked to me.

"What? Do you know the reason why she did that to you?" Eunwoo said disrupting me from my thoughts. "No, I don't." I shook my head and stared at the floor, shocked.

"Y/n." Eunwoo called. I turned my attention to him as he continued. "As long as I'm around, I won't let her do anything else to you." He said sincerely.