Chapter Ten

The next day, it was the rechecking of the our test papers.

It is now our first subject and chemistry is next. I sat on my chair nervously while waiting for the first period to end.

The bell rang signalling that it was time for our next subject and I was more nervous than before. Fifteen minutes have passed when Mr. Kim Namjoon entered the classroom.

"I'm sorry I was late. I forgot your test papers on my desk so I had to get it back before going here." Mr. Kim said as he entered the classroom, putting our papers down the table.

He cleared his throat before continuing, "Here I have your test results. When I call your name please come in front and get your paper." He began calling each one of our last name while giving us our papers.

Almost all my classmates received their papers including Eunwoo and I still don't have my paper. A couple of minutes passed and everyone already have their papers but not me.

I saw Mr. Kim holding a paper and I figured that it is mine. "Now listen up everyone." He began and everyone looked at him. "I want to congratulate Ms. Yoon for acing the exam and having the highest score in class."

Mr. Kim signals me to get my paper as I got up from my chair. Everyone clapped at me including Eunwoo while I slowly made my way to the teacher's table.

When the subject was about to end, Mr. Kim called me and asked me to go with him outside to discuss something. I gladly got up from my chair and followed him outside.

"Congratulations again Ms. Yoon. You did a good job and I wanted to say that you should continue on doing it. Maybe in no time you'll regain your title as the best in class."

"Eunwoo did a great job on tutoring you, didn't he?" He added and I chuckled awkwardly. "Yeah. I guess he did." I said scratching the back of my head.

"Well I better get going. I'm going to be late on my next class." He left after and I went inside once he's gone.

Chemistry class ended and before I knew it, it was already break time.

After the bell rang, I immediately went outside to look for Eunwoo. I immediately spotted him by his locker while putting his things inside.

I approached him and waited until he's done with his things. He closed his locker and looked at me. "What is it?" He asked straightforward.

"I– I just wanted to thank you for helping me study chemistry. You know, I wouldn't have done it without you." I said nervously.

He slowly nodded and said, "Congratulations." My eyes widened at his response. It was the first time he said something sincere to me.
"Is there a problem?" He asked.

"Oh no there's nothing wrong. I'm just really glad that you helped me." I excitedly said and gave Eunwoo a hug. My breath hitched as I realized what I've just done.

I immediately pulled away and stood awkwardly in front of Eunwoo. "I– I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that I was just so happy that I forg–" "That's okay." He said slightly smiling, looking down at the floor.

"Wait a minute. Is the Cha Eun Woo I know smiling right now? Is this real? Pinch me, I must be dreaming." I gasped while teasing Eunwoo. He coughed and went back to his normal expression.

"Nevermind." He said and began walking away. I looked at his direction and smiled while thinking of his smiling face.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

Lunch time came and I went to sat on a table while waiting for Yuna to arrive.

When Yuna saw me waiting for her she hurriedly ran and made her way to me. "Y/n! Congratulations. I heard Mr. Kim speaking with the other teachers that you got a perfect score on the exam." She said holding both of my hands excitedly.