Chapter Seventeen

Sunday afternoon. I was sitting on one of the kitchen stool while eating lunch. The doorbell rang and I was about to stand up when Sanha told me that he got it. I nodded and continued eating.

Sanha came back together with Moonbin. I stared at him, thinking what could be doing here this early. "What are you doing here? It's just 12 am."

He smiled widely before answering. "I came to pick you up. Did you forget that we're going somewhere?" "What? You didn't tell me we'll leave early! I haven't even taken a shower." I said shock.

"Well you better start getting ready because we'll leave in..." Moonbin looked at his phone before continuing. "30 minutes."

I quickly stood up and got my plate, I put it in the sink and ran upstairs. I heard Moonbin and Sanha laugh as I ran up to my room.

I got inside the bathroom and began taking a shower. I didn't even notice if I did my regular routine or not as long as I finish on time.

I got dressed and grabbed the nearest rubber shoes I can find. Then, I fixed my hair and looked at the clock to see that it was already 12:27 am. I got downstairs and saw Moonbin and Sanha sitting on the couch.

"Done." I said catching both of their attention. "Woah Y/n noona I didn't expect you'll be able to get ready." Sanha said. "I can. You're the only one who can't do that." "What? Yes I can, just watch me do it–" "Let's go Y/n." Moonbin said cutting Sanha off. Then Moonbin and we laughed together. We began to leave as we said good bye to a pouting Sanha.

Moonbin led me to his car as we both got inside. Moonbin started driving as we left the driveway.

"So, where are we going? Why do we need to be there this early?" I asked. "I can't tell you it's a surprise." Moonbin said smiling. "Okay. If you don't want to tell me then just give me a clue."

Moonbin thought for a second before responding. "We're going to a far place and it's going to be a long car ride. So I suggest that you make yourself comfortable."

"What? Is it going to take hours?" I asked. Moonbin nodded and I sighed. "Don't worry Y/n, I told you it's going to be worth it." He smiled. "It should be." I joked and began to sleep.

"Y/n wake up." I woke up to Moonbin shaking me slightly. "We're here." I looked around and saw that we are parked at an open field.

"What is this place?" I asked. "We're in Gapyeong, let's go outside and I'll show you." We both got outside the car. Moonbin told me to follow him as we walked a few meters.

"Woah." I looked around and I saw a view of colorful hot air balloons with people riding on it. "It's amazing, isn't it?" I turned to Moonbin and I saw him smiling as I did too.

"Let's go." Moonbin grabbed my hand but I stopped. "Wait. We're riding those?" "Yeah that's the reason why we travelled all the way here." "You didn't tell me we're going to do that I thought we're just gonna watch people do it."

"Did you forget that I was afraid of heights?" I asked. "Oh yeah, I forgot." Moonbin said face palming himself. "Even if you're afraid we're still going to go. Don't want to waste our time here together, right?" I gulped as we started walking.

Moonbin talked to the guy who is in charged and told him that he made a reservation. The guy nodded and led us to the nearest hot air balloon.

"This is going to take an hour." The guy said to the both of us and opened the hatch for us to go inside. Moonbin let me go inside first then he followed.

The guy explained to us how it works and told us that he's going to let out a signal once our time is up. There, we will know when it's our time to go down.