Chapter Twenty Five

I arrived home from Yuna's house and I went straight to my room after. I already ate dinner at Yuna's so I didn't need to eat here again.

I got inside the bathroom and did my night routine as I changed into my pyjamas and laid down on my bed. Just then, I heard noises coming from my window.

I got up and checked to see what it was. I opened my window and peeked my head outside. I saw Eunwoo standing in front of my house holding a few pebbles. He looked directly at me and smiled. I signaled for him to wait and went downstairs immediately.

As I was outside, Eunwoo came towards me as if he's eager to tell me something. "Hey, what are you doing here? It's already late and we still have school tomorrow." I said. "Sorry to bother you this late but I've been thinking of what you said earlier." He began.

I furrowed my eyebrows and tried to remember what he was telling me. "You know, about taking me to prom?" He said. "Oh yeah, what about it?"

"You told me that it's going to be my first prom so... I guess I'll go." He replied. I instantly smiled and said, "I'm really glad you changed your mind, but is that only the reason why you came here?"

"Uh y– yes." Eunwoo said scratching the back of his head. "Don't worry." I chucked. "You don't have to be shy about it I'm just glad that you're going."

Eunwoo was about to leave when I stopped him. "Wait. I just had a wonderful idea." "What is it?" He asked.

"Why don't we go to prom together? Well you know as friends and not as dates and I'll help you experience your first prom. So what do you say?" I stared at him while smiling, in hopes of him agreeing. "Um I don't kno–"

"Come on Eunwoo, remember your promise. You haven't experienced prom so I'll show you how it feels like." I smiled at him once again and he looked a bit hesitant at first.

"Alright I'll go with you. And that doesn't mean I want to be with you but because I'm a person who doesn't break promises." He said confidently. I looked down at the floor and pretended to be sad.

"Y/n don't be sad, I was just joki–" "Got you!" I said laughing. "I wasn't sad because of that. I was testing you to see how would you react." Eunwoo gave me a slight smile as his cheeks turned bright red that was evident amidst the darkness.

"You're cute when you're embarrassed." I giggled. "Well I guess it's time to say good night." I tapped his shoulder and began to leave. "See you on Friday Eunwoo and goodluck." I waved at him and he stood there frozen as I went inside.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

While I was eating my lunch, someone tapped my back and I turned around and saw Moonbin. I smiled and stopped eating then I faced him.

"So, what's up? What are you doing here?" I asked. "Nothing, I was just wondering if you already have a date for–" "Oh did you ask Ryujin yet?" I asked, cutting him off.

He sighed loudly before answering. "I already talked to her and forgave her but I'm not asking her to be my date." "Huh, why?" I asked slightly confused.

"I don't know, maybe because you're the one I want to go to prom with." Moonbin mumbled but it was loud enough for me to hear. "What?" My eyes widened.

"Wait– you heard that?" Moonbin said and was slightly embarrassed after. "N– no I was joking I didn't think you'd hear my joke." He laughed awkwardly.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?" I asked and clicking my tongue. "I already told Eunwoo that we're going together. If only I had known then I shouldn't have asked him." I looked at him disappointingly and waited for his reply.

"I– I was trying to tell you but you were too busy to listen." Moonbin said sadly. "Aww Moonbin I'm sorry, Please don't be sad." "Nah, it's okay Y/n. As long as you're going to have fun then it's fine by me." He told while patting my head. Moonbin didn't say anything else after that and he just left without saying good bye.

I sighed and looked down. I didn't know that he wanted to go to prom with me. He could've at least called me or texted me me about it.

"Don't be sad Y/n I'm sure Moonbin will understand." Yuna said comforting me. "I hope he does." I replied.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

I was currently walking home from school all by myself. Moonbin didn't walk me home and I get it since I didn't listen to him. He might be mad at me that's why I didn't bother to wait or look for him.

I was looking at the ground while walking when I heard footsteps heading towards me. I turn around and saw Moonbin running. "Wait up Y/n!" He shouted.

I stopped on my tracks and waited for him to reach me. "Why did you go by yourself?" He said panting. "Um I thought you were mad because of what I–" I didn't even get to finish my sentence when I felt Moonbin pull me in for a hug.

"I'm not mad at you. Why would I be mad?" He said resting his chin on top of my head.

______________________________

A/N: I apologize again for the short chapter. The next one is going to be the prom chapter so it might be longer than usual 👀