Chapter Twenty

"The first activity is to learn how to set up your own tent. I'll be giving you guys 30 minutes to set it up and if you fail to do so,  you'll be sleeping on a single tent. Your time starts now!"

I immediately looked for Jinjin and I saw him running towards me. "Hey Y/n." He said waving. "Hello. Now come on, let's go set up our tents." We got our tents out of our bag and started assembling it as fast as possible.

"Time's up! Everyone move away from your tents." We heard Ms. Kwon say so we backed away from our assembled tent.

Ms. Kwon looked at every tent that was placed on the ground and checked whether if it's stable or not. Some students' tents fall off the ground after Ms. Kwon had touched it.

I gulped nervously as Ms. Kwon went over to mine and Jinjin's side. She held out her hand and slightly pushed both of our tents. Gladly, our tents didn't fall of just like the other tents.

After Ms. Kwon was done checking our tent, I exhaled relieved while looking at Jinjin. "We did it!" I squealed. Jinjin smiled widely as we gave ourselves a high five.

"Okay now that your tents are already up I suppose everyone is exhausted." Ms. Kwon said and everyone agreed.

"I'll give you 10 minutes to rest and after that we're going to eat." Ms. Kwon added and everyone got excited as they got inside their tents while waiting for their time to eat.

Jinjin and I both got inside our tents and rested for a while. After the rest time is done, Ms. Kwon called us saying that it's time to eat.

We stood in front of our tents while waiting for our signal to eat.

"Is everyone hungry?" Ms. Kwon asked earning a yes from her students. "I suppose each one of you brought a food to eat but I'm afraid that's not what you're going to eat. Since this is a camping trip, I'll let you fish for your food!"

Everyone groaned upon hearing what Ms. Kwon said including me.

"Now get yourselves ready because if you fail to catch any fish then you won't be eating anything for lunch." Ms. Kwon said and we started preparing.

"The lake is over there and I'll give you an hour to catch a fish. After that, I'll give you another hour to create a campfire where you will cook it yourselves. Your time starts now!"

I panicked upon hearing the go signal so I went to look for Jinjin. I found him getting something from his bag then he faced me after.

"Y/n don't worry, I got this. I've been fishing since I was young so I'm sure we're going to eat." Jinjin said while holding a fishing rod.

"Woah. Thanks Jinjin, I never knew you'd be this interested in fishing." I said admiring him while he was busy preparing. "Eh I don't know my dad used to take me fishing that's where I learned and after that, I just realized that I love fishing."

"Let's go now Y/n, we don't want those fish to wait." Jinjin joked and I laughed following him up to the lake.

We arrived at the lake and others have already started catching for fish. Jinjin fixed his fishing rod and got a bait for the fish.

"What am I going to do?" I asked. "You don't need to do anything Y/n, just leave it to me." I nodded and watched as Jinjin threw the hook into the water.

After a few seconds, Jinjin spoke. "Oh I caught one!" "Really?" I went up to him as he spins the reel. Then, as the string got shorter, a fish appeared. "Yes!" We both exclaimed happily then Jinjin gave me the fish which I took and placed inside a container. 

I sat on the ground while waiting for Jinjin to catch another fish. I looked at the others who were fishing as well.

I saw Eunwoo, together with Rocky trying to grab a fish with their bare hands. Rocky caught one, then he showed it to Eunwoo but it eventually slipped from his hands. I laughed upon seeing Rocky's expression after the fish escaped. 

Then I looked over to the side where I saw Moonbin together with Sehun. Sehun was carving a wood and making it into a spear. Moonbin was the one trying to catch the fish. He was holding a similar spear just like what Sehun is making and was looking for a fish to catch.

Moonbin saw a fish passed by and takes the chance of stabbing it. He raised the spear and there was a fish at the end of it. Moonbin smiled widely and celebrated with joy realizing that he caught one. I also laughed at his reaction and got my attention back to Jinjin.

The fishing time is already done and so is the cooking time. Everyone sat next to their partners and ate the fish that they each caught.

Jinjin caught a total of five fishes while Moonbin caught two. Eunwoo and Rocky didn't get to catch any fish so Jinjin and I ended up giving two of our fish to them.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

The day continued on with us doing random things such as building our own birdhouse.

It was already night time and all of us were gathered on a large campfire. We already had dinner and thankfully it's not fish anymore.

Jinjin and I decided to make smores while some are telling scary stories to each other. I didn't bother to listen since I figured that I'll be having a hard time sleeping.

While we were making smores, Moonbin approached us. "Hey Moonbin, you want some smores?" I said handing him one. "Sure thing." He said getting the one offered.

"How's the camp so far?" I asked. "Well to be honest, it's really good. You know it's a new experience to me but I just don't like being with my partner." Moonbin said honestly.

"Why? What's wrong with Sehun?" "He doesn't talk to me that much. He only listens to the things I tell him to do and we haven't had any full conversations today." He said. "Maybe you're not that close that's why he's shy to talk to you." I said.

"I wish that was it because I can't stand to be his partner if he's going to be like that for the whole trip." "This is so unfair how could Jinjin hyung be your partner and not me?" Moonbin added.

"Hey Moonbin don't steal my partner away from me. This is the only time I can hang out with her since you two are always together." Jinjin said. I laughed and said, "He's right. We're always together so let Jinjin be my partner just for once."

Moonbin was about to answer when Rocky arrived. "What's up? Can I have some smores?" He said. We gave him some then he sat next to Moonbin.

"Ah Rocky what are you doing here?" Moonbin asked a bit irritated. "What's the matter? I came here to eat and besides my partner doesn't give me any food." Rocky replied.

"How about you Rocky, is there something wrong with Eunwoo?" I asked. Rocky cleared his throat before answering, "He's a good guy and all and he's really good looking. But he's not that talkative type, you know? So I don't think we can get along that much."

"Well why did you leave him then?" I asked. "What me?" Rocky said shocked, pointing to himself. "I didn't leave him. Bin hyung's partner went there and they talked to each other. I got awkward and hungry so I went here." Jinjin, Moonbin and I laughed as Rocky continued on telling his encounters with Eunwoo.

After that, I went inside my tent to sleep. I already brushed my teeth and changed into my pyjamas before going inside.

I fixed my sleeping bag then I laid down. Just then, the zipper of my tent opened, revealing Jinjin. "Good night Y/n I'll see you tomorrow." He said waving his hand. "Good night Jinjin, I'll also see you tomorrow ." I replied.

Jinjin closed my tent and I laid down again. But my tent opened once again before I could even fall asleep. It was Jinjin, again. "Oh and before I forget, Moonbin also said good night." He said. "Okay. Tell him I said good night too." "Will do." And with that, Jinjin left.

I laid down for the third time and began to sleep.