Chapter Fourteen

Monday, two days after Ryujin's party, Yuna and I are walking in the hallway together when we noticed that people are staring at us and giving us looks.

"Why are they looking at us like that?" I whispered to Yuna. "I don't know." She answered.

While we continued on walking, I heard other people whispering among themselves. And it wasn't about the two of us, it was only about me.

"Isn't she the girl who almost drowned during the party?" "Who is she?" "She's Yoon Y/n right? The smartest girl during high school?" "Do you think she did that for attention?" I heard continuous whispers coming from people as we walked.

I looked down at the floor, embarrassed and afraid to get scolded at. Yuna must've noticed this as she wrapped her arm around mine. "Don't mind them Y/n, just keep on walking." I nodded and gave her a weak smile as I continued on walking.

Yuna went to her class and I went to mine as I sat on the corner to not get noticed.

But even if I was on the corner, people still stared at me and say things that they think I wouldn't hear.

I rested my head on my desk and tried to avoid the people around me.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

Lunchtime came and I hurriedly exited the classroom as I heard the bell rang. I went straight to the cafeteria and looked for Yuna.

I saw Yuna together with Jinjin, Rocky, and Moonbin. Moonbin saw me and called me from afar.

I smiled slightly and went to him.

"Y/n, you won't mind if the three of us will join you for lunch, won't you?" Moonbin said smiling. "No not at all." I said.

I sat on the chair next to Moonbin and Yuna as Jinjin and Rocky went out to buy food.

I kept on thinking about the things I heard from other people earlier as I stared on the table.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Moonbin asked me with his hand on my shoulder. "Yeah I am." I smiled weakly then looked away.

"No Y/n you're not alright. I know you since we were kids and I know whenever you are lying to me." Moonbin said. "Come on, tell me what's going on." He added.

I exhaled and looked at Yuna as she began telling Moonbin what happened.

"So basically this is what happened, while Y/n and I were walking in the hallway earlier this morning, people began saying things to Y/n. They said that Y/n made herself drown for attention and many more things which is not true."

"Oh." Moonbin looked down at the floor and began to think. I looked at him but I couldn't tell what he was about to do.

And before I knew, Moonbin steps on the table, gathering everyone's attention. "Everyone listen to me!" He shouted.

People are now staring at him while some got their phones out to film him.

"For those of you who are accusing Y/n on making herself drown, well she didn't do that on purpose. I was there and I saw the person who pushed her." He lied.

He was about to go down when someone shouted "Then tell us who pushed her." Others agreed and the cafeteria was filled with people wanting to know the truth.

Moonbin looked at me before answering. "The one who pushed her is Yeji." He said calmly as everyone got shocked.

Moonbin got down and sat next to me as people began murmuring about Yeji and what might be the reason why she did it.

"I thought she was the popular girl, why would she did that to such an innocent girl?" "Well I guess we're wrong, I guess Yeji was the one who wants attention."
I heard some say but I didn't want to know what others might say next.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

The day ended and I stayed in the comfort room to avoid hearing people's opinion about Yeji and me. I even heard someone say that maybe I did something to Yeji that's why she got mad at me.

When I didn't hear anymore people coming from the outside, I left the cubicle and washed my hands.

I was about to leave the comfort room when Yeji entered. "Well, well, well if it isn't Y/n. The one who made rumors about me."

I stepped back and stared at her. "Do you really think spreading rumors about me will make me apologize to you and admit that I did it? Guess what? You're wrong." She said.

I tried to avoid her and began to walk to the door when Yeji pushed me and I fell into the floor.

I looked at her outrage as she began to laugh. "What? So are you going to hurt me?" She said. "Go on then. Hurt me and let's see if you're still going to be the top one in school after that." She smirked.

She got closer to me, raised her hand and was about to slap me when someone grabbed her wrist.

Yeji's eyes widened and mine too as she turned around and saw it was Eunwoo.

"You really are something else, aren't you?" Eunwoo told Yeji as he pushed away her hand, making her off balanced.

Yeji scoffed and said, "What are you even doing here Eunwoo this is the ladies room."

"Well what are you doing here if classes already ended?" Eunwoo fired back. Yeji was left there speechless and she just stared at Eunwoo.

Eunwoo approached me and grabbed my hand. "Let's go." He said and we left together.

Eunwoo didn't say another word as he just kept on walking and stopped when we got inside.

He lets go of my hand and looks back to check if Yeji is still there. He exhaled relieved and looks at me worried.

"Are you okay? Did she hurt you?" "I'm fine, she just pushed me that's all." I said.

Eunwoo pulled me in for a hug as my head is buried on his chest, with his hand resting on my head.

"I'm glad you're okay." He said relieved.

We stayed like that for a while until he decided to pull away. "Let's go home." He held my hand and we began to walk when someone called me.

I turned around and I saw Moonbin. He ran and approached Eunwoo and I.

He looked at Eunwoo, then at me and said, "Where are you going?" "I'm–" I was about to answer when Eunwoo answered for me, "We're going home."

Eunwoo looked away from Moonbin and told me, "Let's go." Eunwoo began to walk and I followed when Moonbin grabbed my hand.

"No." He said. "Y/n's coming with me." Eunwoo stares at Moonbin. "She's coming with me today. Besides, my house is nearer than yours." Eunwoo said.

"Well it doesn't matter 'cause I always walk Y/n home." Moonbin said pulling me closer. "Do you know what just happened to her? I guess not. You weren't there when she needed you and I was. So she's much safer with me." Eunwoo said and pulled me to his side.

"What? Did something happen to you Y/n?" Moonbin asked worried while looking at me. "Clearly you weren't there that's why you don't know what happened." Eunwoo said.

"I'm sorry Y/n I didn't know." Moonbin said apologizing. "You should be." Eunwoo fired back.

Moonbin was about to speak when I shouted, "That's enough! Both of you stop it!" The two of them looked at me startled.

"You know, I appreciate both of you worrying about me and I thank you for that. But I can go home by myself and I'm not going with neither of you." I said and pulled my hand away from both of their hand.

I began walking away without looking back. "Y/n." I heard Moonbin call but I continued on walking.