Chapter Nine

It's Tuesday and it's the first day of exam. The first day has four subjects and thankfully chemistry isn't one of them.

I sat on my chair reviewing my textbook while waiting for our teacher in charge to arrive.

I arrived at school early to review since I always do it whenever there is an exam or sometimes even quizzes.

After a few minutes of reviewing, some of my classmates already arrived and entered the classroom. It got a bit noisy due to the other people who aren't studying but just talking among themselves.

I sighed as I look up from my textbook and I checked to see if Moonbin is here yet; but he wasn't. So I got back to reviewing despite of the noise that was distracting me.

The teacher in charge suddenly arrived after a while. I didn't even realized that Moonbin was already here since I'm focused on studying.

Our teacher, Ms. Kang Seulgi then said good morning to the class and told us to go back to our seats. During exams, our seat plan is already posted outside together with our schedule so that we wouldn't get confuse on where we'll be seating.

"Okay class. We will start your exam now." Ms. Kang said getting the test papers on the table. "The first subject is biology." She said and began distributing the papers from one row to another.

I looked over at Moonbin who was already looking at me while waiting for our papers. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up as I smiled back at him.

After a while, my seatmate passed me the test paper and then I got one and passed it to the person next to me.

I scanned the paper before answering and began writing my name on top. Then I started answering.

About 45 minutes had passed when I got stuck on a question. I was anxiously tapping my pen on my desk while trying to figure out the answer.

The first part of the exam is easy but when I got to the last part, it became quite a struggle for me to answer the remaining questions.

I skipped the part that I couldn't answer and proceeded to the next part. Then, I heard Ms. Kang say, "Everyone, you got less than 5 minutes."

I hurriedly went back to the part where I don't have an answer yet and I wrote the first thing that popped inside my head.

"Pens down everyone and pass your papers." Ms. Kang said and everyone started passing their papers forward as I did the same.

I looked over at Moonbin's side and I saw him smiling. I smiled disappointedly and looked away.

This is just a bummer. I had a hard time answering biology and it's an easy subject. What more of it's chemistry? I thought to myself while looking down at the floor.

The day continued on as the first day of exam is already finished.

The bell rang and I headed outside. I'm about to go home to study for our exams tomorrow.

While walking, someone tapped my shoulder. It was Moonbin. "Hey Y/n." He said. "So how was the first day?"

"Well I guess it's okay." I said shrugging my shoulders. "If it's okay then why do you look sad?" He asked. "Oh nothing it's just that I struggled a bit while answering biology and I'm worried that I'll do worst when it's already chemistry."

Moonbin stopped on his tracks and turned his attention to me. He grabbed my shoulder and made me face him.

"Y/n, don't worry too much. I know you'll do well. You're the smartest person I know." He said encouraging me. "And look on the bright side, atleast you get to answer all the questions. Unlike me, I only know the answers to a few questions."