Chapter Twenty Nine

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock ringing.

I sat up from my bed, rubbing my eyes, when I realized that today is family barbecue day. It's the day Moonbin told Eunwoo about.

I excitedly stood up from my bed, gone straight to the bathroom to do my morning routine. After that, I got dressed then went downstairs.

Downstairs, I saw mom preparing the ingredients and the different kinds of meat that we will use for the barbecue.

"Good morning mom." I greeted, sitting on one of the kitchen tools. "Good morning dear. You look excited today." She chuckled.

"Of course I am. It's been years since our last barbecue day and I'm more excited since Eunwoo's family will be joining us." "You're right. I'm surprised Moonbin invited Eunwoo but I'm glad to know that he said yes." Mom replied.

"Well I guess I better go and pack this before we leave." I nodded and mom headed outside to where dad is.

I ate breakfast and was about to go back to my room when dad called me from outside. "Y/n." "Hm?" I mumbled, turning around. "Can you call your brother and tell him that we're about to leave. He won't stop playing with his phone." "Sure. I'll go tell him." I replied and went to Sanha's room.

I knocked three times on his door and got no answer. I pressed my ear on his door and I could hear the sound of his game playing through his phone. "This kid." I mumbled and twisted the doorknob open.

The door opened, revealing Sanha who was sitting on his bed, busy playing games on his phone with the sound blasting throughout the room.

"Hey Sanha, dad said we're leaving soon so you better get ready." I said. "Okay noona. I'll get changed as soon as I finish this level." He replied.

I rolled my eyes at him. "There's no time for games. You need to change now or else you won't see Eunwoo's again." I turned my back and started to head towards the door when Sanha spoke, "Wait– Eunwoo hyung is coming?"

I turned my attention back to him before saying, "You didn't know? Moonbin asked him to join so he'll be joining us this year." I smirked.

"Really? Then I better go change now." Sanha hurriedly stood up from his bed, placing his phone on the side then dragged me out from his room. "Bye noona, you better go too. We might leave soon so get ready." Sanha said before closing his door.

I laughed thinking about how fast Sanha reacted then I went to my room to get ready. I grabbed a pair of ripped jeans, white shirt with a print, and paired it with my old skool vans sneaker.

I checked the time and it was 11:25 am mom said we'll leave by 12 pm. I sat on my bed once I'm satisfied with what I'm wearing and got my phone out to check the steps on how to make barbecue.

Since we've been doing this for a long time now, I already know the basics in making barbecue but since last year's family barbecue was canceled, I needed to recall my knowledge about it.

Browsing through different websites with recipes, I finally remembered what I needed to do. I heard a knock on my door and I stood up to open it.

"Noona, mom said we're leaving." Sanha said once I opened the door. "Okay." I said, leaving the room and headed straight outside, towards the car.

Sanha and I sat on the backseat while mom and dad are in the front. "Do we have everything we need?" Dad asked mom before leaving. "I think we do. I checked it three times already, it should be complete by now." Mom replied. "Okay. Now let's go." Dad said and started the car as we were on our way to Moonbin's place.

A few minutes later, we arrived at Moonbin's. We got outside and I went to the back of the car to help in carrying our things from the trunk.

Then we went to the front door with mom ringing the doorbell. The door opened and Moonbin's parents were inside. "Oh hello, nice to see you can make it." Moonbin's mom greeted with a huge grin on her face. "We wouldn't miss it for the world." Mom joked and the both of them laughed together.

Our parents and Moonbin's parents greeted each other. Same with them greeting Sanha and I before we go to their backyard.

Once we got there, I saw the grills are prepared, with coals inside, ready to be lighted. There was a huge wooden table at the middle of the yard with plates and utensils placed neatly on top of it.

Someone tapped my back and when I turned around, I saw Moonbin who was smiling directly at me. "I missed you." He said embracing me in a hug. "We just met yesterday." I laughed. "But sure, I missed you too." I hugged back.

"Ehem." We heard Sanha cough from my side and Moonbin turned his attention to him. "I missed you too Sanha." Moonbin said opening his arms to hug Sanha. "Oh no thanks hyung, I don't need a hug but I missed you too."

I laughed at the both of them and Moonbin started talking. "I'm hungry. When will they start to cook?" "I don't know, Eunwoo's family hasn't arrived yet so I guess we'll wait for them before we start." I replied.

"Come on, let's sit down l first." Sanha said and the three of us sat on one of the chairs and talked to each other while waiting.

A few minutes of waiting, Eunwoo's mom and dad arrived with Eunwoo behind them. Our parents and Moonbin's parents greeted them while the three of us did the same.

Eunwoo came to our direction and smiled once he's in front of us. "Hello." He greeted smiling. "Eunwoo hyung it's so nice to see you!" Sanha exclaimed. "Aw thank you Sanha, nice to see you too." Eunwoo replied.

"Moonbin, thank you again for inviting me." Eunwoo told Moonbin. "And also to you Y/n." He added. "No problem. But really, it was entirely Moonbin's idea. I just supported him into doing it." Moonbin chuckled nervously as Eunwoo looked at him. "In that case, thank you again." He smiled.

○○○○○○○○○○○○

All of our parents started grilling as we waited for them to finish. The adults were busy talking with one another while grilling so it's taking them long to get finished.

"So should we grill for ourselves too?" Sanha said standing up. "I guess we should. It would be faster if we cook it ourselves." I replied and followed Sanha to get some meat.

The meat was seasoned and marinated already, all was left to do is to cook it. Sanha and I came back with meat on each of our hands. "Let's cook." I told Moonbin and Eunwoo and they stood up, getting the meat from my hand.

"Let's do it in pairs so it would be easier." I said. "Sanha and I will cook ours and you two will cook yours. Is it alright with you two?" "It's fine. I've been doing it for years so I can cook it perfectly." Moonbin said.

"Don't worry Eunwoo. We'll be eating barbecue in no time." Eunwoo smiled nervously at Moonbin before saying, "Well it's my first time doing this so I'll put all my trust in you."

We both went on to separate grills before grilling the meat that we have. Sanha got a match and started a fire. He tossed it on the coal as I placed the meat that we're going to cook.

"You're not a bad chef after all." I told Sanha while we're grilling for a while now. "Thank noona, I'm a pretty good chef myself."

Sanha and I finished grilling our meat and I went to get us a plate. I gave it to Sanha after and let him do the plating. After that, I went to check how Moonbin and Eunwoo was doing.

I saw Eunwoo fanning the smokes that was coming from the grill while Moonbin is holding the burnt meat with the tongs. I sighed and approached them.

"What's going on here? Moonbin I thought you can grill meat perfectly." I said. "Well as it turns out, I can't. I forgot how to do it properly so I ended up brushing ours."

"Do you need help?" I asked. "N–" Moonbin was about to reply when Eunwoo answered for him. "Yes!" He said, tired from all the fanning.

"Okay, then I'll ask Chef Sanha to teach you." I called Sanha and he proudly said yes.

"Hyungs listen up, this is how you do it." Sanha said before grilling the meat as Moonbin and Eunwoo stood beside him, watching him as he grilled.