Chapter 7

A few minutes later someone knocked on the door. I wiped the tears from my face and I hoped it was my husband on the other side of the door, I wanted him to come back and prove that he wanted to fight for us instead of walking away again. When I opened the door, the tears came back full force when I saw Trinity and Brie. They walked in and hugged me, making the tears fall faster.

"How . . . how did you . . . know?" I sniffled.

"Joe called." Brie said, brushing my hair out of my face.

"He called me too." Trin said, rubbing my arm.

"You don't have to be here, he shouldn't have bothered you." I told them, cleaning my face.

"Honey, you should have called me, it's not a bother at all." Trin said.

"He knows that you needed someone and it wasn't him." Brie said.

"I'm . . . a mess." I told them.

"Trinity filled me in, you've had quite the time." Brie said, pulling me inside.

"I miss my husband but I don't want to see him, but I do, and I'm so freaking confused."

"He went the wrong way to get things done but the man adores you." Trinity said as she rifled through the bag that Le left behind.

"What's in there?" I asked.

"Nutella, cheetos, green grapes, 2 Sonic pretzels with cheese dip, and 3 Arizona iced teas. He got you your favorite snacks." she smiled.

"Cravings . . . before all of this happened I mentioned to him that I wanted the pretzels and cheetos."

"Do you want to talk about it? You need to let go of the pain and the hard feelings, or at least open up to them in order for you to feel better." Brie said.

"Can I just follow you around forever and have you be my conscious?" I asked her, smiling through the fresh tears.

"Hey, if you ever need to get away you can always come and stay with me and Birdie."

"I might just take you up on that." I sighed.

"Running doesn't help." she smiled.

"I went to the house to pack my clothes . . . and I felt like I didn't belong there." I admitted.

"Arianna Angle-Anoa'i . . ."

"Trin, I . . . it's not because of Galina, well not entirely. Things have been so distant between us and I kept pushing it aside, pretending that one day every couple of weeks was fine. Now we were forced to confront and it all blew up, and I don't know where to go from this place." I said.

"Okay, tell momma Brie everything."

Inhaling deeply, I let it out and then let the whole story all out. Trinity passed me the tissues and did her best not to cry but I saw a few tears escape. Brie just sat there rubbing my hands while I unloaded on her. It felt almost therapeutic in a way, she has the effect on people.

"Sweetie, I'm sorry that you're going through this, especially pregnant." Brie said.

"Marital bliss." I said, trying to laugh.

"You two need some time alone before the baby comes." she said.

"Good luck with that." Trin scoffed.

"Trin!" Brie scolded.

"She's right Brie, the only place he wants to be is on the road or in the ring." I told her, rubbing my belly softly.

"After tonight, I doubt that." she replied.

"Monday after Mania is hectic and we know he's gonna lose. Then Vince is gonna have him come out to the ring to cut a promo about the whole thing which will begin the path to the next pay per view. He literally will do anything to stay working and that means he's away from us. I don't know what to do here, I don't know how to move forward." I admitted.