Chapter 3

I found a flight that leaves in four hours so I'm good. My business stuff was quickly collected and my bag packed just as fast. Work always distracts me, it's my go-to feel-good thing when I can't get into the ring. Now that I can't wrestle I work, gallery and construction stuff, and I work out. My doc gave me the okay and it's really all that I have at this point. It's all good though because I do enjoy my business and I love to work out.

Trin dropped me off and Anna did me the favor of picking me up since my car was at her place, I left it there when I left last time. She didn't ask questions and I appreciate it, she knows me well so she just showed me pictures of baby Maxwell, who is the cutest little chubby-cheeked baby girl. I dropped Anna off and drove out to my hidden spot at the gallery.

When I first broke up with Trevor, I didn't have my apartment yet and I wasn't going to my family. There was empty storage space on the second floor of the gallery, so I had it turned into an apartment. Sometimes, if one of our artists is struggling we let them stay here. Other than that, no one but Ana knows about this place and right now, that's perfect. I pulled my car into the private parking area behind the building and walked inside.

It's weird being in Orlando and not going home but I really think that being in the same house isn't good for us right now. As soon as I got inside and set the alarm back on, I dropped my bag on the bed and sat down at the kitchen table with my laptop and Chic-fil-A. I worked until midnight and right before going to sleep I realized that there wasn't any type of communication from my husband. Granted, I didn't try either.

"I guess your daddy really did need the space bean, he's being very moody since he can't fight. Guess what, he has one week and mommy has almost a year left." I chuckled, already mostly over my husband's antics. "Well, I got you and you're stuck with me kid. I can't deny that I miss the ring so I do understand him. I can't wait to share all of my passions with you, all of us are going to be a kick-ass team."

Sleep came easily and by morning I was entirely unfazed by the situation, both of us blew it out of proportion. Men like to place the blame and all of the emotional instability in a relationship on the woman when in all reality, they are just as bad. I dressed business casual in a black and white striped dress, bright yellow blazer, and black stilettos. My makeup was kept simple and I put my hair up in a ponytail.

Business is good, we have several projects going on in Florida and we're working on building a new branch of Angle Construction in New York

Business is good, we have several projects going on in Florida and we're working on building a new branch of Angle Construction in New York. I'm very proud of what I've done here in three years. My legacy will be more than a pretty face and a fit body, I will show my bean that you can have all that you really want. You just have to put in the hard work.

Thankfully, I finished my meetings early while Jojo is still in school. I'm going to take advantage that she's not home so that we can talk. There was some bad traffic and it's cutting close for Jojo but we really do need to clear the air. I can understand that he's frustrated but . . .

"Well hello . . . I wonder whose car this is." I muttered when I pulled up and found a car in the driveway.

It seems our conversation is gonna have to wait. Curious about the visitor, I walked up and knocked on the door. In all my haste to leave Pensacola, I left my house keys and only grabbed my business keys. I swear it was accidental though.