Chapter 32

The next four months were the scariest of my life. Leati's treatment took a lot out of him; mentally, physically, and emotionally. He got tired so easily, gets sick so often, he's lost weight, it's taking such a toll on his body. Jojo is scared and confused, she doesn't understand why her daddy is so tired all of the time, or why he can't play with her. We've explained it as best as we could without overwhelming her. It's just ... a lot.

Jojo has been spending a lot of time with her mom and her new sister though, and that makes me very happy. Galina has been very consistent with visitation so Le allows sleepovers to happen regularly. He just wants his daughter to be happy and I appreciate the distraction.

"Mi amor, I brought you lunch." I said as I walked into the bedroom.

I just smiled when I saw him laying down with the twins snuggled on his shirtless chest. I have the sexiest husband alive and at this moment, I really appreciate the views. Especially when he's got my boys like that.

"Hey babe, I think they fell asleep." he smiled.

"You're spoiling them, papá." I argued.

"That's my job."

"Gimme those boys, you eat." I said, grabbing Ian while Le got up with Aiden.

"Yes ma'am."

We put the boys in their cribs and went back to bed.

"How are you feeling today, mi amor?" I asked.

"Better. Not as tired or fatigued, I can breathe easier."

"Baby, that's good, you're getting better and stronger."

"Yeah, I don't want to be sick for the holidays." he said, laying back down.

I moved the plate to the night table and passed him his water. The man loves his water which is a very good thing.

"Baby, I love you so much." I said, kissing him softly.

"Enough to let me go to the gym without arguing?" he smiled.

"Leati!" I laughed.

The truth is that I have been stopping him from going to the gym for his own wellbeing, though. He doesn't really grasp the concept of slowing down in the gym. He almost hurt himself one night trying to lift his normal weight, which in these circumstances, is just too much. Thank God that Mox was with him, he could have seriously injured himself. Since then, I've been a bit overbearing, I'll admit it.

"I love you too baby, so much. But really, gym time?"

"What did the doctor say?" I asked him.

"Take it easy, I know." he asked.

"If you want to go, then go. Start on the treadmill please, work up slowly." I pleaded with him.

"I promise." he smiled.

"Babe, why don't you make a home gym? We have the weights here but make your own full home gym with everything that you use."

"You don't like the neighborhood gym, I know." He laughed as he got up.

"Not really but I mean it more for you. They don't really have heavy weights or the bigger machines that you like. I do just fine." I replied.

"I'll look into it smart ass. I'm gonna go jog on the treadmill for a little bit."

"Take your water."

"Kiss." he said, holding his hand out.

I walked over to him and got on my toes for a kiss.