Chapter 30

Another two months passed and my husband was due to come back home but it wasn't the visit we were expecting. I had noticed him acting different, he spoke to me differently. On multiple occasions, I asked him about it and he always said it was nothing and that he was fine. I believed him because why wouldn't I? Then one night, his parents were over which isn't odd, and we were watching Le on TV. Patricia, she was a little tense but just like her son, she said she was fine.

Oddly enough, my husband came out, as champion again, but not in his regular gear. No, he came out in regular clothes, sweats, and sneakers. I listened to him address the WWE universe, listened to him telling his fans that his cancer was back and my heart dropped. The reaction was a lot different than the one at home.

For a long time now, the fans have been against anything he does. Booing him mostly whenever he comes out and just rallying against anything and everything Roman Reigns. Now, as he left the belt in the middle of the ring and walked up the ramp, they all cheered him. I even saw a few people crying, hell, so am I. I just sat there in shock, just looking at my TV and not knowing what to say.

"Arianna ..." Patricia started to say.

"He ..."

"Ari ..." Sika said.

"He's ... it's back ... on TV ..." I mumbled.

They tried talking to me but I couldn't focus on them. My phone started ringing and a picture of Le and the kids popped up. I ignored the call and walked off to my room. My cell phone kept ringing to the point of absolute and extreme anger. I turned it off, showered, and tried to go to bed but I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned for most of the night.

I can't believe that he wouldn't tell me about this. He told me that his doctors are all in Pensacola, so when the hell did he go see them? I'm upset, 1,000% pissed off, in shock, I just can't believe that this is where we are. My husband might be flying in at any moment, so I grabbed his pillows and toothbrush and left them in the living room.

My first instinct was to take the boys and go back to the house in Pensacola but that's not going to fix anything. We already had many conversations about that because it's what I've always done in the past and I promised him that I wouldn't do that anymore. Running away is never the way to fix the problem, I just don't know what to say to him. I don't want to see him right now because I'm gonna go off and that's not gonna fix things wither. For two days my phone was off, though he didn't come home anyway. His parents stopped by but I didn't talk about him.

Mel told me that he called her but she's also angry at him so she never passed me any calls from him. The only people I spoke to were his parents and mine, but again, I didn't talk about him. I did a lot of research in those two days though. I looked into any and everything that I could find.

"Ari!" my husband shouted, the fourth day after his big announcement.

"Daddy!" Jojo shouted and I heard her running.

"Jojo!" I called out.

"I know, no running." she said, slowing down.

"Amorcitos, your daddy is home." I muttered to my 4 ½-month-old twins.

"Ari ..." Mel stammered as she ran into the nursery.

"I know, take Ian to Le while I finish changing Aiden." I said.

"Arianna Isabelle ... breathe." my little sister said.

"I am breathing! Sorry."

"There are kids in the house, and they're all awake so you cannot blow up. I'm sure his parents will be here soon too." she added.

"I know, Mel, please just take Ian to his father." I pleaded.

"Okay, okay ..."

As I changed my son, I did my best to calm down but it's not really working. My palms are sweaty, heart rate is accelerating, and I'm steadily getting angrier by the second. I can't get over the fact that I had to find out on tv with the rest of the world. Because, I mean, telling his wife about something this important, didn't make the list of priority contacts.

When I finished changing Aiden's diaper and dressing him again, I took a few deep breaths before walking out. Le stood in the living room holding Ian, with Jojo's arms wrapped around his waist as best she could. He was smiling when he looked up but it chilled several degrees when he saw the look on my face.

"Lalelei ..."

"Mommy's mad." Jojo said.

"Look amorcito, daddy's home." I said, shimmying my son to make him smile.

"Ari ..."

"Say hi to daddy ..." I muttered.

"You going?" Mel asked.

"Going where?" my husband asked.

"For a run and to the gym." I replied as I passed Aiden to his titi Mel.

"Can that wait? We need to talk." he said, making me laugh.

"Talk? Now you want to talk? Sorry, we have a routine and I'm sticking to it. Talk to your kids, I'm sure there's a lot for you to tell them."

Walking away from them to the front door, I pulled my sneakers on as my husband walked over to me.

"Arianna, please, we need to talk."

"It's waited for four days, well however long you've known and decided not to tell me, so it can wait a little longer. I'm going for my run and my workout." I said, grabbing my earbuds and water bottle.

"Ari ..."

"See you later."

It took me about 2 ½ hours to finish which is normal, but I kind of wish that it took longer. I ran back home and when I walked in, I heard happy home sounds. I heard my husband and in-laws talking, my sister's snippy responses, cartoons, Jojo's laughter, the cutest twin baby babbling, and the unmistakable sounds of my mother-in-law in the kitchen. Leaving my sneakers by the door, I went to the kitchen to fill up my water bottle and drink some more water.

"Mom, that smells delicious." I told her.

"Are you finally going to eat what I cook?" she asked, swatting me with a wooden spoon.

"Why aren't you eating her food?" Le asked.

"Really?" I asked him.

"What?"

"Now I know how much attention you pay to me when I'm talking. I told you two weeks ago that I'm back on the meal prep plan that Colby recommended. The bowls are in the fridge that you just open and closed."

"Mom! One of the twins stink." Jojo complained.

"Alright, I've got it. Jojo, mariposita, are you ready?" I asked her.

"Ready for what?" Le asked.

Patricia, Sika, Mel, and I turned to look at him.