Chapter 26

"Possible but not in as many words. This happens every few months, she shows up and says she wants to be in Jojo's life and then disappears. We'll just have to see how long it lasts this time and hope for the best. For Jojo's sake, I hope it sticks." I told her as I texted my husband.

"Well, I guess I do too. If she says one thing out of line to you, I'm gonna smack her." Mel smiled before picking up Aiden as I picked up Ian.

"No smacking here, she'll behave for Joelle's sake. I have custody so she can't really do anything here. I just want Jojo to have a good time."

"Alright, I'll behave as long as she does." Mel insisted.

We walked out of the nursery laughing and I stopped to watch Jojo talk to her mom's belly.

"By the time your daughter is born, she'll know Jojo's voice more than your own." I said as both twins started fussing when they heard her.

"That would be ... oh! Those are two very Samoan babies." Galina smiled.

"Yeah, I housed them for over 35 weeks and they look like him. They've got some Jojo too in their smiles."

"Have you taken a really good look at Joelle? She's pure Joe." Galina chuckled.

"Those Samoan genes are strong, right chulo?" Mel said, bouncing to make Aiden smile. (sweetie)

"That they are. Your boys are gorgeous, not that I expected any less. How old are they?"

"Thanks, six weeks today. My handsome boys ... alright mariposita, homework time." I said.

"Can I play with the boys?"

"After homework." I insisted.

"Okay, what did you make for dinner?" she asked as she grabbed her backpack and sat at her homework table.

"Broccoli mac'n'cheese."

"Ooh! With the crunchy stuff on top."

"Yeah, and the cheesy garlic bread." I smiled.

"The best!" Mel said. "Come on, kiddo, let's smash your homework."

"Yeah, let's smash it!" Jojo repeated.

Mel put Aiden down and helped with Jojo's homework. About 30 minutes into homework, Lisa walked in. Mel, Galina, and Jojo were sitting at the island now, while I sat on the sofa feeding Ian.

"What is ..."

"It's fine, we spoke before Jojo got home and hopefully things can remain friendly." I muttered.

"You are a good woman, now let me ..." she smiled as she picked Aiden up.

"I'm just a mom who wants the best for her kids." I said.

We did have a good evening, a little tense at first but it all ended up very nice. Galina even stood late enough to put Jojo to sleep. My little butterfly smiled so hard today, it just makes my heart so happy to see her happy. As long as she remains consistent, I don't see why she can't spend more time with Jojo. What worries me, even now that it's not a problem, is custody. Le and I have full custody, I guess we'll just have to see how this develops.

"Hey lalelei ..." my husband said as soon as the camera turned on.

"Hey handsome, how was the show?"

"It was fun, we went up against The New Day again." he smiled.

"The six of you always put on a great show. At house shows you get a particularly good pop too."

"Yeah, that's true, sometimes the house shows are better than the televised ones. How was your evening?"

"It was a little awkward at first but it settled nicely. Joelle was so happy to have her here all afternoon. Your mom was watching her like a hawk and Mel was ready to bitch slap her into premature labor." I told him, making him bust into laughter.

"Maybe we should get Mel into a ring."

"I'd love to see that, I'd pay to see that. My mother on the other hand would kill me." I laughed.

"The boys?"

"Right here ..."

I flipped the camera so that he could see them. As soon as they heard their dad, both boys started kicking and flailing around.

"I'm missing out." he sighed.

"You're working."

"They don't know that, all they know is that daddy isn't there."

"They're small mi amor, and when they get older they will understand." I told him.

"I'll be home as soon as possible. This entire week just dragged on." he sighed again.

"Getting back into the saddle after a month away won't be easy, but you've got this. You will be just fine."

"I just wanna go home and cuddle with my family. Hmm, maybe I can push for a Lesnar type contract. You know, only work a couple of weeks out of the year." he said and it made me laugh.

"You won't do that and they wouldn't let you. You attract too much WWE income for them to let you go." I chuckled.

"Your sarcasm is noted and ignored."

"Funny guy."

"Yeah, I'm a hoot. I just wanna go home."

"Soon enough, look ... is that papá?" I said, turning the phone and camera so that the boys could see him.

"Daddy's boys ..."

We were on the call for another 20 minutes before hanging up. The baby's are too small to notice a lot but he's right about them missing him. All of us miss him, being home without him is weird and quite lonely. If he doesn't make it home soon, I'll plan a trip for us to go see him.

"Ari ..." my sister called out after knocking on the door.

"Come in ... what's up?"

"I was checking on the twins and they weren't in the nursery." she said, smiling when she saw them on the bed.

"Video chat with daddy time. Mel, thank you for all of your help but are you sure that you wanna do this babysitting thing?"

"Yeah." she quickly stated, picking Ian up.

"You'll be alone with the twins and if you're at the arena you won't be able to leave until we finish the show. People might recognize you and try to take pictures of you and the kids."

"I know and I'll protect them."

"I know you will. I'll call mami and your dad tomorrow, and talk to Le when he comes home, I promise."

"Thank you for giving me this chance." she said.

"Mel, this isn't a yes, I don't want to get your hopes up."

"I'm an adult ..."

"Melinda, you are 19, I know this. You have to remember that you made promises and there were conditions for you to come to Florida. Part of being a responsible, dependable adult is keeping your word even if you don't like it at times. I need everyone to be on board with this for it to happen."

"I know, I know ... but thank you for considering it. You could have just said no." she said.

"I would never just shut you down like that." I argued.

"I know that, too. I love you, Ari."

"I love you, too kid." I smiled, hugging her when she leaned in my direction.