Chapter 6

"Why are you calling the house phone?"

"Because I know you don't screen the calls."

"I have to finish packing."

"Baby, please."

"What do you want, Joe?" I asked.

"Le."

"What?"

"Le, that's what you call me, lalelei."

"Le . . . that's the man I married, but I haven't seen him in months."

"Baby, how can I apologize if you won't talk to me?" he asked.

"Joseph . . ."

"Leati."

"Whatever. I don't want your half-assed apology. The only reason you want to apologize is that you got busted! Had I not come home when I did . . ."

"Arianna, I did not sleep with her. I would never do that to you."

"I know you wouldn't, but I don't trust that she wouldn't."

"Baby, please, I want to talk to you and clear all of this up before this weekend." he said and I felt the hurt again.

"Of course." I scoffed.

"Aria?"

"Wrestlemania weekend! God forgive I mess up Roman Reigns' Wrestlemania weekend!" I cried, wiping the traitorous tears away.

"Wait . . . no . . . Aria, baby, that's not what I meant."

"Just stop, you want to talk to someone? Go call Galina, you obviously have lots to talk about." I said before hanging up.

Sitting down on my side of the bed, I let the tears fall while I ignored the phone. I miss my husband, the man who loves his family more than his job. Ever since this feud with Lesnar started last year, that man slowly disappeared. This week hasn't even started and I'm already dreading it. This was supposed to be fun.

Not to bother anyone, I ubered to the airport and by 9:30 pm I was in New Orleans. There were lots of fans at the airport and it actually fixed my mood a lot. In the hotel lobby, the same thing happened, so I took selfies and signed autographs for 20 minutes before the front desk manager came out to escort me to my room. Since I'll be here for so long, I unpacked my suitcase and put all of my clothes away. I considered going back down for food since room service is closed but decided against it.

When my hotel phone started ringing I knew it was one of four people: Trinity, Renee, Brie, or my husband. The first three I had spoken to about meeting up once I got here. I decided to answer despite the risks.

"Hello?"

"Aria, please don't hang up." My husband begged.

"What?"

"Where are you? What's your room number? Baby, we need to talk, I need to see you."

"Joseph . . ."

"No! That's not what you call me. Please Arianna, I need to see you . . . to apologize."

"I'm in 508." I sighed.

"I'll be there in five minutes."

I can hear the relief in his voice and I hope that this is the right choice, not just that I want to see my husband. It didn't even take him five minutes, maybe three to get to my room. When I opened the door, he didn't try to kiss me and I appreciated that. He did, however, drop to his knees and kiss my belly. Ever since I found out I was preggers he does this, I think it's cute.