Chapter 5

ARIANNA'S POV

One day quickly turned into two and then it turned into a week with no contact. It wasn't for a lack of him trying though. I just don't want the lame excuses and half-ass apologies. He got busted so he feels guilty, had I not shown up who knows what would have happened. Joe can have all of the time he needs while I focus on work, new contracts, and new contacts.

At the moment, I'm in New York hammering out some last-minute details for the new Angle Construction building. Things are going very well here and for that I'm grateful. I don't think I could handle any work drama on top of all of my personal drama, that's just a bit much. My outfit today is simple, black jeans and jacket with a gray t-shirt and a pair of boots, since I'm going to be around the site.

 My outfit today is simple, black jeans and jacket with a gray t-shirt and a pair of boots, since I'm going to be around the site

"Arianna!"

"Hey Mina, everything is going amazingly well." I told my New York business manager.

During this pregnancy downtime, I started to scout office employees and a person to watch over the business for when I'm not here. Mina Sukarta was the overall best out of over 25 people that I interviewed and we started a week after she was hired. For the moment I have rented a small office space since I'm having the building constructed from the ground up. This one will be bigger than the one in Florida because I plan on having a design center right in the building. I have big plans for this place.

"I'm glad you're pleased. Framing's mostly finished and . . ."

We spent about 30 minutes on site, the guys weren't too comfortable with me and my belly walking around and I appreciate the worry. Then we spent two hours at the office finalizing some spacing and non-structural details. Soon enough I'll be choosing design elements and I absolutely can't wait. After working, I drove over to my mom's for some Spanish food and maternal spoiling. I'll be staying here for three days, leaving early Monday morning.

I had a good time with mom, but now I'm on my way back to Florida for an obg-yn appointment that I'm taking Jojo to and then I'm flying out to New Orleans tonight for a week of Wrestlemania press. Thankfully, my husband is back at work so I can go pack my stuff in peace, using my mom's emergency keys.

Jojo doesn't know that I'm coming to get her, but her grandma knows. She normally gets out at 2:30 but I picked her up at 1:30 because the appointment is at 2:45. This will be Jojo's first time going with me and I can't wait to see her reaction. Stopping by the office to get my visitor's pass, I went straight to her classroom and just watched her for a few minutes. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with her, so I'm really excited about this afternoon. It's not a lot of time but I'll be getting a lot of down time soon, enough to spend with both of my babies.

"Joelle, look who's here." her teacher said.

"Ria!" she shouted, running out of her seat to hug me.

"Hola mariposita, hi my baby." I smiled.

"Is daddy okay?"

"Everyone is fine. I have a doctor's appointment for the bean and I wanted to take you with me. We're gonna go get nanna too, a surprise just like with you."