Chapter 16

It made me sad to see him leave the next morning but such is life. I miss being on the road, I miss being in the ring, kicking ass, and getting my ass kicked. That's the career and life that I chose, being away for so long and knowing that I've still got some time left is tough but my reason makes it all worth it. I'm gonna be a mom again, something I had really given up on after Trevor. Then I met Le and he gave me that gift with Jojo and now the twins.

"So what's this I hear about you two finally picking out baby names?" Patricia asked me when we met up for lunch.

"We finally agreed on names. Actually, they were Joelle's idea." I smiled.

"Well don't keep me waiting."

"I . . . we chose Ian Keoni and Aiden Koa Anoa'i." I told her, still smiling when she teared up.

"Oh sweetie . . ." she sniffled.

"Those Samoan boys, that'll be their ring name; The Samoan boys."

"Jesus . . . the next generation." she said, making both of us laugh.

"Part of me doesn't want them to be wrestlers, I just wanna keep them safe. Highly doubtful, I know." Is aid, laughing at the look on Patricia's face.

"Yeah, that . . . this business runs through the male DNA in this family." she sighed.

"I can relate, although I'm the only Angle child so far that has shown interest."

"Inherited business for generations."

"The twins would be double third-generation wrestlers, that's so awesomely cool. I really wish they go into law or medicine or sandwich shop owners, restaurants, whatever. I'll still be a proud momma." I sighed, rubbing my belly.

"What about Jojo? Where do you think she'll go?" Patricia asked.

"Something artsy, we're gonna start taking her to gymnastics soon. She has a knack for it and I'm sure she'll love it. Le and I already signed her up for . . ."

"Hi Patricia . . . Ariana."

"Galina, it's nice to see you." I said.

"Hi G." Patricia said.

"Are you with someone?" I asked.

"No, why?"

"You should join us, we haven't ordered yet." I suggested.

"I don't . . . I didn't mean to impose." she quickly stammered.

"Not at all, we were just talking about Jojo's summer plans." Patricia said.

"Really? I was going to ask Joe if I can take her to New York with me." she said, quickly sitting down.

"For how long?" I asked.

"A couple of weeks."

"I don't know if that's going to work." I told her.

"Why not? She's my daughter and I have a right to see her." Galina argued and there goes my efforts for a nice lunch.

"She is your daughter but you gave away your rights when you gave up custody. I would like it if we could get along Galina, for Jojo's sake. In June, for the whole month, she's gonna be in a gymnastics camp and I'm due in July. We promised her that she would be present for all of it because she asked to be involved. I'll talk to Lee and we'll talk to Jojo about it. I won't force her to go if she doesn't want to." I said softly.

"Just because you're his wife doesn't give you the right to . . ."

"Galina, I'm going to stop you before you make a scene." Patricia said.