Chapter 42

"Fun and flirty."

"Up or down?" she asked, combing her fingers through my hair.

"Down. Something with waves or curls and braids?"

"Okay, say less." she said.

By the time it was over, I was working with a deep side part, and the shorter part was braided to the bottom. The rest was all artfully waved, soft, and shiny.

"Kat, you're a miracle worker." I smiled as I fluffed it playfully.

"You make my work easy. Wait! I've got some fun things to add to your braid." she smiled before adding gold rings and gems to my braids.

"I love that. Will it hold if she gets in the ring?" Mel asked.

"Yeah, they're tucked into and under the braid. The hair spray helps hold them in as well, so I add a little extra after the fact." Katrina said, adding said spray.

"Okay, my turn. Where are those twin boys?" the makeup artist, Tania, asked. "Where are my nephews?"

"They are with their father and godfather. Le and the twins are showing them off all around the arena." I smiled.

"As they should, those boys are just adorable. Them Samoan genes are strong, but you are still all over their faces. Neither of you can deny those twin babies." another stylist said.

"They are my babies, and my first baby is growing up on me." I said, poking Jojo, who was sitting on my lap. "You've gotta move over baby."

"Okay, can I sit on the floor next to you?" she asked.

"No baby, Tania has to move around me, you know this silly goose."

"I've got some pink gloss for you for tonight. You wanna try it?" Tania asks Jojo.

"Yes! Mommy, can I?" Jojo happily asked.

"Go ahead, not too ..."

"Not too much." Jojo, Mel, and Tania said.

"Be quiet." I laughed.

"You're such a mom." Katrina laughed.

"I know. Go sit down, kid." I told Jojo, poking her again.

She sat on the small sofa that was in front of me. The makeup artists here are amazing, Tania had my eyes looking all smoky with red glitter, light and dark brown eyeshadow, black winged liner, and beautiful lashes. My cheeks were perfectly blushed with a terracotta sort of color, and the highlight was perfect, the look ended with a beautiful nude lip. It's a little wild. I'm good at makeup but never this good, and I know myself I'll never get this good.

"I love it." Mel said.

"Oh, I can't wait to have you in here." Tania said, rubbing her hands together.

"Neither can I. Will you teach me to do that?" she said, pointing at my face.

"I absolutely will. This is gonna be great."

"You're in for it now." I said, putting down the small mirror. "What do you think, Jojo?"

"You made mommy look pretty. Can I have my gloss now?" she happily asked.

"I love you so much. Hopefully, my own future daughter is into makeup this much."

"No doubts she will. Time to go, baby. Thanks, girls! I'll start sending your new slave over when things calm down. Maybe next week." I said.

"Got it." both of them chorused.

We made it back to our locker room, and the guys were back. My husband stared at me like it was the first time he'd seen me in months.