Chapter 8

After showering I put on shorts and a tube top, so I can do makeup and hair. My hair is back to a dull dark brown since I heard it's bad to dye your hair while pregnant, and I can't wait to change it. I was surprised to see my husband still in the room when I finished showering, I just moved around him and laid both outfits for today on the bed.

For the gender reveal I'm wearing a rainbow-striped maxi dress with a deep V neckline and thin straps in a fit and flare silhouette.  I'll be wearing flat sandals or wedges, for now, probably wedges, and for the HOF heels and more elaborate makeup. Le just watched me walk around as I set everything up the way I wanted it and then he went to get the food when he heard the knock on the door.

 Le just watched me walk around as I set everything up the way I wanted it and then he went to get the food when he heard the knock on the door

"Did you get something for you?" I asked him as he set my plate on the little table.

"No." he replied, pulling the chair out for me to sit and he sat across from me.

"You hungry?"

"I'm always hungry." he smiled, so I held my fork out with a piece of waffle.

"These are good." I told him after I tasted them.

"Yours are better."

"I'll take that compliment."

We spent some time eating my breakfast and it felt like normal times again. I miss these times more than anything, I just want to be with my husband. After breakfast, there was another knock on the door so my husband went to open and both of us were left partially deaf by the shriek that Jojo let out before running inside to hug me and kiss the bean.

"Daddy, this is for you when you're on the road." Jojo said, handing him the small bag with the stuffed animal.

"Hey baby, what's this?" he asked.

"It's from Ria, I didn't know you would be here." she replied.

"Hello, my loves." Lisa said.

"Hi mom." we chorused.

"Daddy, open the bag." Jojo insisted.

"Alright, alright . . ."

He already knows what it is because he was on video chat when Jojo opened hers but his face still lit up when he saw it. More so when he squeezed the belly, at Jojo's insistence, and the heartbeat rang loud and clear.

"Isn't it pretty? Yours is a puppy."

"I love it, thanks lalelei."

"You're welcome."

"Ria, your dresses are so pretty." Jojo said.

"Thank you, sweetie, be careful not to dirty them, okay."

"I won't dirty them. What time is the baby reveal thing?" she asked.

"Two hours, you hungry?"

"I want . . ."