Chapter 44

After a few busy weeks, we were finally able to go home and spend a few days resting at home. Le is finally starting this schedule of slowing down but not entirely just yet. Being home for more than two days at a time felt great. Our next big trip is to New York; mom wants to see her daughter and grandkids. We'll be at a show in Brooklyn and then take 3 days with my mother and younger sister. My wacky family people, since my aunt and her wife will be there too.

"You ready to go home?" I asked Mel as we drove from the airport to the hotel.

"Does it sound terrible if I say New York no longer feels like home? If anything, I'm just excited to see Mom and Cass. Home is with all of you." she smiled.

Her dad is amazing, and he's been to Florida to visit her many times, or he'll meet up with us on the road somewhere. He and I talk regularly, unknown to her, but I keep him caught up with everything she's doing.

"That's not terrible. Your happiness is important, and if your home is with us, then I'm honored you consider it that way." Le said.

"I do. I'm happy with you guys. It really is like I have another mom and dad who actually live together." she said, her cheeks turning red.

"You're my big sister!" Jojo said, grabbing her hand.

Jojo insisted on sitting in the back row with her while the twins were in the middle. Le loves his big-ass SUVs.

"I am your big sister." Mel smiled again, hugging her.

We got everything out of the car while Le checked in for us. Since we'll be staying behind after the company leaves, we picked a hotel that was further away from the arena but closer to my mom's. We met him inside and took everything upstairs. Mel left to meet up with Dominik for lunch, so Le, the kids, and I just had lunch in our room.

The buildup for Extreme Rules has been so much fun. Feuding with Becky and Bianca has been so much fun. Heel turns are so wonderful, and I've been laying into it so much. The fans love it, hate it, and love to hate it. You win some, you lose some, but I am loving this. This next event is going to be monumental for my career, and I just ... I'm so appreciative of the opportunities I've had.

After the show, we went straight to the hotel to put the kids to sleep. Mel went downstairs again to spend some time with Dom. She says they're not at a point where she'd invite him to the room to hang out yet. They're just 'getting to know each other, according to her. I think it's cute and good for her to have some fun away from us. Le and I passed out and were woken up by the kids, which is nothing short of a miracle since we're always up much before them.

"Oh shit."

"It's okay," Le said, stretching as the twins jumped on the bed. "I turned the alarms off and asked Mel to let the kids wake us up if we weren't up by 9."

"Baby ..."

"Mommy!" Aidan shouted, pressing kisses to my cheeks.

"A small break until our next vacation." he smiled when Ian jumped on him.

"Vacation ... that sounds great." I replied, tickling my son.

"Mom, Dad, it's time to go! Grandma's waiting." Jojo said as she ran into the room.

"All of my babies." I smiled, corralling them all into my arms. "You too, kid, get in here." I told my sister.

She just laughed and jumped onto the bed, making the kids laugh.

"Mom, picture!" Jojo said.

"I look terrible." I complained.

"You look beautiful." Le said, kissing me softly over the kids.