Chapter 65

We slip out into normal space near Green Seven where we meet up with supply ship, that in reality is a floating repair dock. We link up to it by way of docking arms that lock on to the Helios. A docking bridge attaches to us, and I can hear the lead engineer already.  "Sir, we have a successful soft seal."

Jahní is going planet side to see our son, I'll probably do later on once the repairs get under way. I also have to note the names of the three crew members, that were killed in the battle. I stand up from the Captain's chair leaving Lieutenant Gutierrez in command, so I can head to my quarters.

I sit at my desk in my quarters and open the files in my computer looking at the names of the crew members that died, and I can remember speaking to them when I was trying to get to know my crew.

Now I put their names down in the ships log and mark their files, as KIA for the official record. This time when we get back I won't have a clear of casualties report, and rub my chin thinking of how much more I can ask of this crew. So far they've voluntarily put their lives on the line at my request, but now my heart aches when one of them dies.

I step out of my quarters and Sam is walking in my direction. "Sir." I nod to him. "Maybe you should head down to the surface and join your wife and child."

"Should I?" I wonder how many of the young lives lost would've wanted families.

"Yes Sir, I think you need it." I look down the passage, as a young crewmen walks past us. "Sir, you have a heavy burden on your shoulders, and you need to go and relax. The Helios is down for repairs for the next three or four days. Also the chief engineer is upset, so I'll deal with him as will Tom. You go Sir."

I accept his offer to go see my family on Green Seven, however the burden will always be there no matter what I do. "I'll see you in three days Sam."
I board the shuttle and head to Jahní and Denzaha, to refresh my mind. Soon enough we will know if our plan worked and hopefully it will reveal any accomplices, as well as the actual traitor.

**************************************

Once on the surface I'm greeted by Jahní who has Denzaha in her arms, and his eyes are open. Thank you God for this gift, that hope to be around long enough to watch him grow. I touch Jahní's face and she closes her eyes pressing her face in my hand. I pull her to me kissing her, which causes a bit of chatter among her family members.  "I love you."  She kisses me again not paying attention to her nosy family.

She looks at me smiling.  "I love you as well."  I take Denzaha in my arms and we walk into her Grandfather's home hand in hand.

Once in the house a couple of her aunts come up and greet me warmly, as does her large cousin.  "Welcome back."  I take his outstretched hand. Her Grandfather is right behind him, but embraces me instead as he would family.

"Come." He waves us to follow him. "How are things going with you Captain?"

I smile at him. "I'm doing well thank you." Can't tell him anything about what exactly we're doing out there.

He glances at me and Jahní, as we walk to the family room. Once there he closes the doors; I look around and the one aunt with the duster is there, except this time she's waring a green uniform. I look at her and then the Grandfather wondering what is going on, but Jahní seems calm about this whole thing.

"Why are you doing this Grandfather?"

He looks at Jahní and then me. "We are quite intrigued over the activity that you have brought here." I study him for a bit not to sure what exactly he knows. "This is a quiet place; a world that is far from much of the intrigue of the Capital."