Chapter 49

Moving quickly down the hallway, which is clear for the time being I find the back stairs. I look in carefully; spotting the guard on station I see that he is alone, so I decide to just walk up to him. This takes him somewhat by surprise. "Long night isn't it?" He doesn't seem to understand me, so I shrug my shoulders and start to go down. He says something , but I ignore him he then reaches out grabbing my left shoulder pulling me! Using that momentum I turn and knife hand him in the throat! He gags and I follow through sweeping his leg from behind with my left leg pushing with my left arm.

He hits the ground hard with the back of his head. He try's to get up, however I stomp on his head and he stops moving. I check him; he's still breathing, but when he gets up he's going to have a hell of a head ache.

I move on till I reach the lower level. There I see another guard, but he turns and open a door and I see the security system. This is what I need to take out to cripple their response time. It has the same same type of locking system that Jahní's thinking room uses, so the only way to unlock it is to get the guards hand on the pad.

How do I distract the guard? The building rocks with an explosion; the guard in the security room comes out and I kick him in the gut, but he takes it and recovers better than I thought he would. He charges and I fade to the right turning using his own movement slamming him into wall head first. He knocks himself unconscious. I drag him to the pad unlocking the door with by placing his hand on the pad; stepping into the room I see the building lay out, that's when I spot the location of the main comms array.

If I can take that out they won't be able to contact anyone that could be a potential threat to us. I drag the guard into the room and I head out to hit my target. It's taking longer than I thought it would because troops are everywhere now, but I now see it in front of me. My comm unit vibrates and I trigger the ear piece. "Go head."

[Hotel six, Mike three whisky ten.]

"Mike three, hotel six Comms array." I watch the guards and these guys are alert, so the tactics I used before won't work. "Mike three in need of a distraction."

[Roger that Hotel six.] I here the wine of an engine from some where. Suddenly the skiff plows through over head firing  at the guards; for a second I'm stunned then I come to my senses and I run right over to the array, attaching the C4 jamming in the trigger! I run to the open field behind the barracks. kneeling I watch the skiff peel in my direction, so waving my arms once it comes down right next to me. I jump in and Hal pulls me on board! I punch the trigger and the array goes up in a ball of fire!

We roar off towards the port and the Morning Star and off this ball of dirt. It will take them some time to regroup and reorganize, so they won't be giving chase for now. I look to the front and Jahní is flying this thing and I stick my head in between the seats. Jahní glances in my direction and smiles. Hal has his hand on Lahí's shoulder, she holds on to his hand with her left hand. She has a rifle in her other hand prepared to use it if needed.

I point spotting to the Morning Star. "Hang on!" jahní say as she banks the skiff hard to starboard. With in moments we are literally landing at the foot of the ship. We all jump out of the skiff and get on the lift that takes us right to the hatch of the Morning Star, and Lahí touches the pad opening the ship. We enter and one of the engineers watches, as we quickly get in shutting the hatch.

Lahí speaks to him in their language and they talk back in forth for bit, then she turns around looking at us smiling. "The ship is ready to depart right now."

Jahní sighs. "Then let us do so." Heading to the bridge we take our places. The only reason I think this stunt worked is, they were not expecting us to do anything. Or maybe they let us get away and this is all part of an elaborate deeper plot. Oh hell! I need to stop. "the Moores are release and I feel the ship rise.