Chapter 44

The crew of the helios is now bivouacked between the Embassy and the space dock, which is not the greatest. But, it must be done and in the end we'll have a new ship with technology that will surpass anything we have. Earth will catch up slowly at first, but it will soon be among the stars without as much fear. I sit in the temporary office that has been given to me, and I'm fiddling with my pledge ring hoping Jahní is doing fine.

From this office I can see the progress of the work being done on the Helios, so it offers a front row seat. I read the equipment report that has been taken to the Embassy, since we've had to take all of it out. A full week of work to accomplish that. I have my bag packed already for the trip to the villa to see Jahní.

I think about the shared vision we had and of the things that have been coming back into my mind...is this war and the implication of my involvement unavoidable? I don't want to lead an army that will just simply wipe out whole worlds; it's not what I envisioned when I signed up for this mission.

I just want to forget. Though, nothing is ever that simple, just like nothing ever takes five minutes; yeah. I get up grabbing my bag. I left Tom incharge, while I'm home with Jahní. I walk out of the office locking it, to keep the confidetial material safe.

I walk to the bay that shuttle two is standing by for me, as a couple Marines salute me right by the entrance to the bay and I return the salute . "You two holding on good here?"

"Yes Sir, were good to go." Alright! I nod and continue to the shuttle; I climb up the shuttle ramp and it starts to close. Sitting down I strap in feeling the shuttle lift off and begin it's yaw maneuver towards the exit, for smaller type vessels. I sit there rubbing my ring; it's been two weeks that I've been here and they've been busy, complicatedly dealing with the Majah-tu engineers.

They are set for the rebuild, and bit by bit the Helios is being taken apart. It hurts to see it happen, but now I'm going to rotate down so my EXO can take over. Two weeks will be a welcome time for me and Jahní.

"Standby for reentry."  The pilot reports and within moments we are bouncing around, then we get through it. I unstrap and stick my head in the cock pit. "Five minutes Sir and we'll be at the mountain villa." I pound on his shoulder and take my seat once more. I take out the comm and click it, so she knows I'm on my way. Jahní returns the click making me smile; I focus on her feeling a strong heart beat.

"One minute sir."

"Thank you." I feel the shuttle bank to port and easily, and to the deck with a soft touch. The ramp opens and I step out; Jahní is there waiting and I can see the small baby bump now. Smiling I get to her dropping my bag on the ground we look at each other for a second, then she throws her arms around my neck. I grab her tightly and she laughs a bit.

"It's good to be back my Jahní." She put her head on my shoulder and we stay there like that, for a while. No words spoken, there's no need. Our hearts are in rhythm with each other; it's an amazing thing to feel, to know that your bodies are together. That you hearts are not separated no matter the distance.

We take hold of our hands,  I grab my bag, and we walk in to the house. The servants come to us taking my bag, which is not that necessary, but, I don't resist because there is no point to do so. "Ant, how are things progressing?"

I rub my chin, which she has come to understand means I don't like what is happening. "It's hard to just watch, though I know this is the only thing that could be done." We walk up to our room and close the door. She unbuttons the  shirt of my utilities, while I look at her touching her face. She smiles her eyes to mine, which she never looks any where else.