Chapter 46

Three months have passed and they're attaching the engine section, it's simply unreal how fast they work. I'm in shuttle two inspecting the outer superstructure, and my God she's looking good. There are teams already working on the inside of the ship; if this keeps moving at this pace the Helios will be complete and almost ready for trials, in two months.

We circle around to the starboard side and I nod. She's definitely larger and more impressive, and her weapons systems have been improved. The other thing that they have done is improve our plasma weaponry; they didn't want to change it's basic functions or design to leave them 'Human', as one of the Engineers said.

I pat the pilot on the shoulder. "This is beyond my imagination chief."

"You got that right Sir." agreeing with my assessment.

"Lets head back. Jahní and I are rotating planet side in thirty mikes." He turns the shuttle heading back to the docking port near my office. We touch down inside the bay and I head right to my office, making sure that I'm not leaving anything behind. Satisfied that I have everything I leave securing the door heading to our apartment.

Walking in I'm surprised by finding Lahí and the Gunny here. The Gunny stands snapping a salute. Returning it I smile and walk up taking his hand shaking it hardily, which makes him smile. Look at both of them. "I thought we were going to meet on the deck and go from there."

"Well, Lahí thought it would be nice to surprise the two of you up here." I turn to Lahí.

"There will be less curious eyes up here, since it's mostly military personnel." I turn to Lahí, that makes sense. "They won't ask any questions." She adds.

"Skipper." Hal is shaking his head. "You gotta see the ride we have to head to that tropical planet. It's pretty sweet."

Jahní and Lahí both laugh and the moment is great, between friends. "Well I'm pretty much packed, as is Jahní." Lahí smiles at us and stands taking Hals arm. I go to our room and Jahní follows me in.

"Ant, I told Lahí of how romantic it was on that planet; I hope you don't really mind, since I may have shared a bit too much detail." OH! Well they are sisters, and I suppose that happens.

But, I would like to keep those things just between us. "Just don't share too much... It makes me self conscious." Jahní looks down, but I pick her head up and I caress her face. "It's ok.

She smiles at me knowing what I feel in my heart, because I can't hide my feelings to her. I grab both our bags stepping out of the room and Hal takes her bag, and we move out. We get to the ship that is moored at the other end of the port and she is a beauty, as Majah-tu design is concerned. She looks sleek and fast, like a small version of the cruiser that Jahní commanded.

"Captain, this is the Morning Star." Lahí is proud of this ship and it show on her face, and even Jahní looks at it in a similar manner. "She is a new type of scout ship. Small, fast, tough and well armed."

I look at it feeling awed by it. "Told you it was sweet Skipper." It's a marvel to me, not just sweet. One day Earth will be able to produce ships of this caliber. We go across the docking bridge stepping into the ship. The first thing I notice is that there is no crew, which is odd for a ship to have no one aboard.

Lahí notices me and puts a hand on my arm. "We have a cook and two engineers and two maintenance personnel, that is all we need on this trip. It's not a combat mission."

'Yeah, I know I just never new that this ship could be so under manned." I am truly amazed at this advanced technology. This is the way to go. "So a lot of the systems, are they automated?"