Chapter 28 - Noticeable

[Picture: Young Lizzy. Video: A Little Too Much - Shawn Mendes ]

I wake up to the sensation of my lip being bitten, I flutter my eyes open, the morning sun immediately greets me, and so does my naked boyfriend. 

He kisses me harder as he notices me awake.

"What're you doing?" I ask. "I haven't even brushed my teeth." 

He smirks. "I don't care." And resumes smothering his lips to mine.

Lizzy's funeral is in a few days, and I don't know if I'm ready enough to go. The rest of our clique is already a hundred percent sure they're going, but I'm not quite certain if I could stomach the sight of my best friend being buried. I would probably break down in front of everyone. I don't even think I would be able to say my speech in front of everyone. I'm sorry Liz, but I can't speak in front of an audience about you now that you're gone. I just want to leave you for a little while. Let me compose myself and get ready to start the world without you. Let me transition into a life where Lizzy Monroe does not exist anymore. Although you won't be here with me, I will always carry a memory of you, I will always think of you every night. That's a promise. I will think of you, even for just a split second like Oh, Liz would love this shirt. 

No one can replace someone like Lizzy. She was so unique, so special. There was something about her that would make you feel alright, even if the world around you is crumbling down, disappearing, finding its path towards oblivion. She roamed the halls with an aura so warm and comforting that just sitting beside you makes you feel like everything's going to be fine. 

She was one hell of a woman. 

We have countless memories together, in which all of them I've learned to cherish. Even the most silly, stupid and ignorant ones. 

The times of insecurity where we would ask each other 'Would you fuck me?', just to receive the approval we wanted. When we didn't know what to wear, therefore had to invite each other over to get some suggestions and comments about different styles and combinations of clothing. 

I miss her.

But i can't do anything about the fact that she's gone. 

"How are you feeling?" Taylor asks, climbing on top of me.

I bring my arms above the covers, stretching them out. "Okay, I guess." 

"We're two hours late for school, might as well take the day off." 

I smile. "Yeah." 

He gives me a little peck. "I was thinking we work out today. Because when you're working out, you don't think about stuff that make you sad. You just have to focus on what you're doing, think about your goal, a better body, better muscles, anything. Think about the reason you're working out." He looks down at his muscular stomach. "And I feel like I've been putting on some weight. It's been a long time since we've hit the gym. My abs aren't that good anymore." He looks further down, lifting the covers. "But you're still good. How do you do it?" 

I place my hands behind me head. "I guess I just don't eat too much."

"You bastard." He retorts, since my boyfriend is a massive eater, he has to compensate with ultra-rough workouts that sometimes last two hours long. 

We grab a quick breakfast, in courtesy of Taylor's parents. A banana and a loaf of bread with peanut butter. We change and wait for thirty minutes before jogging to the gym. 

I eased into my usual routine, two hundred jumping jacks, one hundred push ups, a bunch of weights, twenty minutes on the treadmill, sit ups, curl ups, pull ups and finally a quick little round of yoga to finish. Taylor was sweating crazy, and so was I. But he was panting, gasping for air, clutching his heart while for me, it seemed like every workout I do at home.