Chapter 13 - Nothing More

[Picture: Jack Clairne. Video: All I Want - Kodaline]

I dream of something, someone. Surprisingly it's Liz. A little flashback. A reminder of how stupid we were.

That day, Liz and I decide to skip class that afternoon by going to her house. I didn't agree at first, but she convinced me when she said they have leftover pizza that's all ours.

She was on her laptop, typing something while I go through my twitter.

We hear keys dangling and a door opening and closing.

"Shit!" She cusses, she hides the laptop underneath her pillow then drags me by the arm.

Confused, I ask "What the hell?"

"Dad doesn't know we skipped class, remember, Einstein?"

I nod and follow her in the closet, the most cliche hiding spot ever.

Her closet was kinda tight, so we had to stand face to face, I can even feel her boobs on my chest.

"Shawn, stop that." She whispers.

"I'm not doing anything."

"Well, part of you is doing anything."

My eyebrows raise, my eyes narrow and my jaw drops, mouthing a silent "What?"

Then she nods to my crotch.

Oh.

A boner.

Right.

"I thought you weren't into girls!" She blushes red. "Shawn I feel so violated right now, please reassure me you're gay."

I roll my eyes. "Guys can have boners for no reason, Liz. This just came out of nowhere."

"Then make it stop!"

"I don't have control over that, Liz."

"Just promise me you're gay?"

"Oh my god."

"Promise me!"

"I promise!" I whisper-yell.

"I'll just turn around." She says, then difficultly shuffles around, until her back is to me. And her butt is to my. . .

"Liz."

"What?"

"This is worse."

She repeats the same word. "What?"

"Your bum is literally rubbing against my-"

"Oh my god just shut up, Shawn."

"Turn around!" I force her. "It's less awkward."

She sighs. "Fine fine fine fine fine." Then resumes to facing me.

I wake up. 

Today Taylor and I are visiting a place, so dear to my family that my parents constantly remind me on being careful.

It's a building, something like a museum that keeps all of our beloved things, objects with great sentimental value. It's a range of things, from small coins to grand pianos. 

My family has always had a musical background. My dad met my mom at their Music Conservatory, with dad being a classical nerd while mom was a punk-rocker. It's pretty dysfunctional and unexpected, but look where they are now. Happy, with two children.