Chapter 25 - Out and Proud

[Picture: Sad Shawn. Video: All I Want - Kodaline (Ellie Goulding Cover)] Yes, I brought the song back, for those of you who remembered this song from Book I 

I hear distant sobs, it seems like it's really far away, out of reach. The sniffles come really silent, but audible. I don't know where I am, all I'm aware of is that what I'm stepping on is white. The walls are white and the ceiling is white, I'm enveloped by one monotone color. I walk towards the sound, it grows slighty louder with each step. A figure comes into sight, starting as a little dot, as I walk closer, faster, the silhouette reveals a person, a girl, on her knees, hands on her face. She was oddly familiar, she looked like someone I know. I venture nearer, features become more prominent, and I immediately recognize who it was.

Lizzy. 

Her dark blonde hair gave it away. She was crying, alone in this space. This time, as I walk, I don't go near her. It's like I'm on a treadmill, no matter how fast I move my legs, how big my steps are, even if I run, I'll never reach her. What's wrong? Why is she crying? I try to scream, but my voice comes out empty. No sound being able to escape my lips. I contemplate what I could do, how to bend the logic of this dream, it's not real after all. But before I could come up with something, she slowly stands. She pulls her hair behind her ear. 

The sight was horrifying. 

There was a red line running along her neck, what seemed like blood dropped from the mark, along her arms were crooked lines, seeming like they outlined her veins, but with red. Her tears were black, and her clothes torn and weary. She crosses her arms, trembling as she looks around. As her eyes land on me, she smiles.

"See you soon, Shawn." 

The formerly white space I was in tears down into a scenery. I recognize another face, and I was sitting next to him. I watch myself, my own body, and it was beyond weird. It was totally different from seeing yourself on the mirror, because you're seeing your separate body move on it's own, without any of your consent.

I bury my face in his chest, tears are flowing endlessly out of my eyes, causing a gush of tears to roll down my cheek. He wraps his arms around me with tremendous love and support, he doesn't rush me. He waits, he waits until I've let it all out, he waits until I'm ready to pull away. He becomes patient for me, something he doesn't usually do because of his rash and sharp personality. 

I stop sniffing, my tear ducts are empty, my eyes are red and cheeks puffy. I pull back and wipe away the tear marks with the back of my hand. 

He strokes my back with his hand. "You deserve better, he was an asshole anyway." 

"I loved him." 

"But he wasn't worth it." 

I look back to the memories we had shared together, it's such a waste. I know we've broken up numerous times in the past, but this is it, this is the last. This is the end of our chapter, the end of my story with him. 

"Ethan," I manage to utter despite my hyperventilation. "I don't think I'll be able to love anyone like I loved him." 

"You don't have to." He pulls me close. "You'll find someone. He'll treat you better, keep his promises and understand you. If he doesn't, know that I'll be here." 

My head stays low, but he places his hand on my chin, gently tilting my head to face him, look at him. I gaze into his light brown eyes, in awe as they illuminate under the night sky. He unlocks his stare from my eyes, he traces the outline of my nose, down to my lips, and then up. I know what he's going to do, I know what's going to happen.