Chapter 15 - My Love

[Picture: Ethan Hawks and Michael Jacobson. Video: My Love - Sia]

We regroup by lunch, and we all sat down in our usual table. 

"Soooo..." I say, wiggling my eyebrows towards Ethan. "How'd you meet him?" 

"I'll have to admit, how we met is a really cliche start to a love story."  He starts.

"We met in a coffee shop, and no, not Starbucks because I can barely afford that. But in one of the coffee shops near my neighborhood, after getting my drink, I looked for a table but they were all vacant. Then, I spot this cute guy sitting alone, writing something on his notebook, I thought damn, he's really cute, Imma go over there and flirt a little and hope that he's gay. 

"So I did, I walked up to his table and asked Is this taken?, he looked up at me and shook his head with a smile, and I sat down. He continued writing as I pulled my phone out to check my social media sites, but really, I was checking him out. He had tanned skin, soft hair, well at least it looked soft, and he had cute little hairs growing above his lip and on his chin. We sat there, and it was a bit awkward, but I was determined to talk to him." 

He went on and on, and he was smiling the whole time. I'm happy for him, happy that he's found someone to share his life with, and I'm glad for two reasons: one, now that he has a boyfriend, that leaves Liz in our group who's single, but she's got Jack rooting for her even though I don't approve of him yet. And two, since he has someone now, he won't interfere with my relationship with Taylor. I know it sounds mean, but it's the truth. 

I scan the cafeteria for my boyfriend, but I don't see him by his table. I check the counter, maybe he ran late and he's just getting his lunch, but the counter was empty. 

Taylor wouldn't skip lunch. That boy is a hungry boy. 

Instead, I see Jack sitting by the basketball team, and all of a sudden I get the feeling that he's replaced Taylor. The guys seem to know him, laughing and cracking up jokes like he's been here last year. 

"I gotta go." I say as I grab my bag and leave the table. I head for the gym, maybe he's training. 

But he isn't. 

I try calling his phone but he won't pick up.

So I go through the rest of the day not seeing him, wondering where he is. 

_ . _ 

Today, we had Library Study as our last period, it's when you go to the library, obviously, and you're supposed to study there, maybe do some homework so you don't have to do them at home. But me and my group usually just chill and talk softly.

I wasn't feeling it today. 

We all sit down at our usual table, Liz beside me and Jason across, beside him is Alison, and Ethan on the head of the table.

 "Here he is, guys." Ethan says, placing his phone on the middle of the table.

It's a picture of him and another guy, whom I assume is probably Michael. 

"That's Michael?" Alison asks, and Ethan nods with a smile.

She licks her lips. "Damn he's cute." 

"He is cute." I agree. 

"You two look good together." Liz comments, and we all look at Jason, the only one who hasn't said anything yet.

He's confused. "What?" He scans all of us. "I'm straight, how am I supposed to judge this guy?" 

"You don't need to." Ethan said, taking his phone back.